• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
update, tested this with my own sim in a standard build galaxy on h6 and it works correctly.
the mms application in galaxhero must be shrinking the images

I'm using Handcent, but presume it's still the stock messaging app that does all the sending and receiving?

The standard one on galaxo is a modified one from the XDA devs isn't it? Is there an updated version or perhaps just go back to the stock II5 one?

Upvote 0
Maybe you should try Handcent SMS.
i tried chomp mms and its stoped me recieving mms altogether.

how would we return to stock messaging app

EDIT, I think i know what it is

ive just changed the GALAXO messaging app to mimmic n95 and its downloaded the image correctly.

i think drakaz might have got the config profile name wrong for the galaxy as its specified on the mmsc as android 0.1.
now its showing on the mmsc as N95
im going to put the sim back in a standard galaxy and see what it "should" be

Upvote 0
ok i got to the bottom of it with help from a few friends and access to the mmsc

Galaxo default android device for messaging is set to this
Code:
    [COLOR=black][FONT=&quot]Android-Mms/0.1 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#1F497D][/COLOR]
This is not a valid terminal type so the mmsc sends it as a basic device.
the actuall mmsc should see the device like this (tested on default galaxy)
Code:
    [COLOR=#1F497D]Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Andoird 1.5; en-gb; GT-I7500 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebkit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1[/COLOR]
quite a large difference there hey lol

Upvote 0
yep fixed
you can do two things. copy and past from file or manually type it, id rather do the cop and paste

create a .txt file on your SDcard and paste that code into it.
open the file while on the blackberry and select all text (use astro or root exlor) copy txt

go to message app, settings, custom user agent, custom, hold down txt box and paste.
click ok and reboot

job done
all new messages should come through as 640x480 etc etc

Upvote 0
yep fixed
you can do two things. copy and past from file or manually type it, id rather do the cop and paste

create a .txt file on your SDcard and paste that code into it.
open the file while on the blackberry and select all text (use astro or root exlor) copy txt

go to message app, settings, custom user agent, custom, hold down txt box and paste.
click ok and reboot

job done
all new messages should come through as 640x480 etc etc

Ah yeah I see, thanks. Is there no way to set this as the "Default Android" one or will it need another build of the app?

Have you let Drakaz know for future builds (I'd like a GalaxHero based on IK4 or IK5, but I guess he's mainly looking at 2.0)

Upvote 0
Ah yeah I see, thanks. Is there no way to set this as the "Default Android" one or will it need another build of the app?

Have you let Drakaz know for future builds (I'd like a GalaxHero based on IK4 or IK5, but I guess he's mainly looking at 2.0)
ive only just found it myself
the custom option is there
i dont know where it pulls this information from
ive not bothered him because of 2.0 and only just noticed its galaxo related

got to the bottom of it at the end though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones