Mobile app?General

Last Updated:

1. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, since a lot of people are leaving their mobile option turned off and then just turning it on once in a while to get email pushed through or weather sync'd, how soon till somebody comes out with an app that switches that on and off at a user chosen interval, and links it with other stuff you want sync'd?

So, mobile on, sync email, weather, calendar then one minute later, mobile off for an hour.

Hmmmm

Advertisement
  2. JimRobertRI

JimRobertRI Member

Stock battery, I leave all but bluetooth on all day long. I'm not noticing any more battery drain than with them off. I don't even bother messing with them and removed the widgets.

3. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

who turns the mobile network off?

Some folks are using wifi which supersedes the network when applicable.

If you are "cycling" the network on/off to save battery, you really need to get a different device. Or more appropriately, you don't need a smartphone at all.

4. cortland1998

cortland1998 Well-Known Member

<P></P>

5. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

one guy was extremely adamant about turning off mobile network. i usually turn it off while i'm at hom cause i don't need it, and i turn off wifi while i'm out. so your saying this is pointless?

6. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am just trying to get the most out of my battery. Sorry if I seem ignorant to you, but your response seems kinda assholeish. Maybe I am reading it wrong. If not, then thanks and why don't you just keep your comments to yourself.

7. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I don't think it helps much

You can user timerrific ot schedule airplane mode. Auto task will do the same.