Mobile Banking UK Testing

Last Updated:

1. danmux

danmux Member This Topic's Starter

If you want to access mobile banking from your Android device, its going to take a leap of faith! Especially when it is an app not provided by one of your banks.

So can you do it? Could you trust us at Money Toolkit.

If you are in the UK, and with Smile bank or First Direct and soon Lloyds,
    please come and have a look at our site and help us test out our App.

Let us know what other UK banks you want us to support.

(Money Toolkit is a new UK startup, backed by two well known web brands in the UK.)

Advertisement
  2. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Well for me I would need Natwest to be added as they only seem to be interested in iPhone right now..

But as you point out making that leap of faith would be hard. The app and website do look great :)

danmux likes this.
  3. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Well for me I would need Natwest to be added as they only seem to be interested in iPhone right now..

But as you point out making that leap of faith would be hard. The app and website do look great :)

4. danmux

Thanks OFI - we've gone to a lot of trouble to make the app a little less boring than your traditional banking app, whilst trying not to underplay the seriousness of the security issues.

We will be adding Nat West in the next few months.

The Nat West iPhone app is supplied by Monitise, who in 2009 took full control of Monilink who were set up to develop a mobile banking platform based on the Link network.

This was in essence a great idea - however the downside is that the Monitise app is understandably very transaction centric - and they only show a mini-statement of recent transactions just like the Link cash machines.

Monitise also supply Ulster bank and RBS - so there apps are similarly limited.

We will provide a rich view of all your transactions, and start to offer categorisation, budgeting, and warnings very soon. Follow progress on our site or the getsatisfaction page Community-powered support for Money Toolkit Limited

Cheers.
    Dan.

OFI likes this.
  5. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Well I very much look forward to that :)

6. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

There are a lot of banks that tell their customers not to use any website or app other than their own secure url.

Personally I wouldn't touch an app like this with a barge pole unless it was available from the banks own secure website.

I work for one btw

7. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

How about RBS?

8. danmux

OFI - ok so a bit more than a few months but I thought I'd let you know Money Toolkit for Android now works with Nat West Bank.