1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile browser barcode reader?

Last Updated:

1. gillbee

gillbee Member This Topic's Starter

I placed this query on another board but no ones has been able to help so far. Anyone any idea if this exists or nor?

Is there any way of reading a barcode from your mobile browser? I'm sure I'm missing something here. Every time I find a barcode while browsing on my phone I then have to open the same web page on a desktop / laptop so I can snap it with the barcode reader on my phone.

I'm probably just being stupid but can I get my phone browser to read the barcode? Do any browsers offer this as a plugin?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's possible to obtain the image source location in the browser?

The reason I'm asking is, a lot of these QR codes (for example this one from some random barcode app off of Androlib:
    [​IMG]
    When you look at the image source, it's really a generated image:
    http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=135x135&chl=market://search?q=pname:com.mobiletag
    I'm guessing this is the case for many (but certainly not all) QR codes you find around the 'net.

3. gillbee

gillbee Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers for the info. Possibly not the easiest thing to develop but you can copy the barcode image from a web site and paste it into another app (Word doc for example) so hopefully it's one for the future.