• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Data Disconnected Problem

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
I bought a used, rooted DNA and for some reason I cannot get my mobile data going. Here is what I know so far:

1 - Running ViperDNA rom
2 - I'm using Verizon Wireless
3 - I can receive/send texts and make/receive phone calls
4 - HTC Settings show Mobile Data is "ON" but underneath is says "Disconnected"
5 - Venom Tweaks Quick Settings show Mobile Network is "Enabled" & Network Mode is "WCDMA preferred"
6 - SIM card works perfectly in my S3

I've factory reset, removed & reinserted the SIM card, rebooted several times. But nothing works. I've called Verizon and they said that they see the phone on my account and it should be working fine. And once I told them it was rooted, they said that they can't help me...

Has anyone experienced this? Am I missing something?

Mods, I put this in the lounge in hopes that it would reach a broader group of people. And while it's specific to the DNA, I see that other people have had this issue, but I couldn't find a solution. But feel free to move it anywhere you see fit...

Assuming that you are in the US, you'll want to verify that your APN (Access Point) settings are correct.

According to what I could find, the settings for Verizon Wireless should be:

• Name : Verizon
  • APN : Verizon or vzwinternet
  • Proxy : null
  • Port : null
  • Username : Mobile Number@vzw3g.com
  • Password: vzw
  • Server :
  • MMSC : http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
  • MMS Proxy : null
  • MMS Port : nul
  • MCC : 310
  • MNC : 012
  • Authentication type : Not Set
  • APN : Not Set

If they are or they don't work, you should contact Verizon to find out what they should be for your service.

Reactions: ouch1976
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones