Mobile Data

Last Updated:

1. Keggies

Keggies Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, Sorry if this question seems daft but my knowledge is very limited. :eek:

However I read somewhere that by turning 'mobile data' off during the night it really helps with battery life. My question here is 'Does it & what exactly does mobile data do?

Also I have the weather channel widget & advanced task killer running in the notification bar ... how much battery do these use & would it be better to just use these when required?

Thanks in advance ....

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

It's your data connection. If you're charging overnight I don't really see how this would help any though.

Does your version of Android have the battery info screen?

The task killer shouldn't be needed unless you're having problems. In such cases you really need to address the problem -- likely a misbehaving app. Misusing the task killer can affect your battery life as well.

3. Keggies

Keggies Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks takeshi ,

Using a battery widget which I find much more reliable then the little green icon in the notification bar.

As for ATK, I tend to look at it occasionaly & I expect it to say that just itself & the Weather Channel is running but quite often there are other apps ruuning as well which I haven't started like 'Roadsync', 'BBCNews', 'Servo Search' which I then kill.

Are you saying to forget about ATK in general then :confused: