mobile Defense is too unreliable

Last Updated:

1. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what are you guys using that actually connects to the device?
    I had my phone open, to maps even and the website couldn't find my phone.

I'll uninstall one more time, but its not going back on my phone :mad:

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I have never used Mobile Defense but have had Lookout Mobile Security on my phone since it came out last November. AWESOME app. Premium version coming and worth every penny (I'm beta testing it). Find your phone, make it "scream" to locate it, lock it, etc. Highly Recommended.

SinfulDragon likes this.
  3. SinfulDragon

Hey alright, short sweet, simple.
    A remote wipe would be a nice addition, but the ability to actually connect to my phone AND find its location is exactly what I wanted this for. thanks for the suggestion.

4. RichSmithSWM

RichSmithSWM Member

It stopped working for me when I set my spam setting at Verizon to not allow text messages from websites. Since Mobile Defense works by sending commands via text messages the phone never receives the command.

5. SinfulDragon

I'm getting the command, even tried to make it easy on the app, opened maps, set my phone outside where gps had my exact location pinpointed. and yet, there it sat until the connecting attempt timed out.

6. ren413

ren413 Member

Did you try contacting the dev? Mobile Defense support forum.

7. smguy101

smguy101 Well-Known Member

Mine didnt work either, but when I tried it, i was in the 2nd floor of a 7 story building made entirely out of concrete with barely any 1x reception.
    But the 3 occasions i did have to use mobile defense to find my phone (around 4 months ago) it found my phone at the exact location +/- 10 feet.

8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

they are to slow to update. 2.2 broke several key functions, like locking it with a screen lock, and they have delayed their "fixed" version until some unknown time by the end of the year. their devs are responsive, but vague at best about when the fixes will come and they tout new and great features, and dont expand on it.

so, I hold out hope, but they have fallen behind for sure and have open the door for other companies to take their business because with 2.2 they lost functions we use to have that other companies have somehow found a way to work around.