Mobile Fun HTC Desire Car Kit

Last Updated:

1. Tonco

Tonco Active Member This Topic's Starter

After spending many hours ploughing through all the desire forums I could find, in search of the most suitable car kit, and still not finding a definitive answer, I opted for the Mobile Fun kit believing that it ticked most of the boxes. i.e specifically for the Desire, AC charging, HTC cc c200 charger, etc, etc.
    I have received it today and am not impressed. If it is for specifically for the Desire, it is not good. The charger has a sticker on the side stating "FOR 8600". The label states that it is 600mA where I thought most on the forum thought it should be higher. It has a square end on the micro end, which contacts the curve on the phone and thus prevents the micro plug fully inserting into the phone. On top of that, the plug on the other end is a lousy fit in the cigar lighter. It is very tight and requires moving backwards and forwards until it makes proper contact and starts charging.
    Having said that, it does show AC charging when running!

Does anybody know if this is really the correct charger or are Mobile Fun pulling a fast one?

For those interested, by the way the phone will definitely NOT fit in the holder with a gel case still on. Another annoyance.

Advertisement
  2. ScottyPro

ScottyPro Well-Known Member

I bought the Brodit active holder charger from them, its bloody great, superb build quality and works a treat. don't know how much you paid for yours but I would ring them, tell them its no good for what it was bought for and you would like to have the Brodit active holder and pay the difference. Mine cost

3. cnanthony

cnanthony Well-Known Member

I've got the same kit and as you say whilst it is not the most impressive bit of kit, it does the job for me. The holder is easy to adjust and locks in place and the charger is powerful.