Mobile Hotspot for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Metro PCS)Support

1. kbaes

kbaes Member

So I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 for Metro PCS and I want to use the 4G Mobile Hotspot feature but it is blocked because I have not paid for the feature. Is there a way I can bypass this so I can use my phone as a hotspot? Btw my phone is rooted. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

3. kbaes

kbaes Member

4. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Cant say for sure, depending upon your carrier setup for your specific phone.

With USCC either disable or un-install "Synchronoss TEDC" as this is the app that looks for the feature authorization.

If you can disable the app under [ Settings--more--Application Manager--all ] that would be good, otherwise you may need an app like Titanium Backup to be able to disable(paid version) or un-install(free version).
  5. Giggles2003

Giggles2003 New Member

I'm having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.4 from metro pcs. It is rooted. I can't seem to find synchronoss TEDC. Could ot be named somthing else?

I found that the Wifi Tether Router works for World of warcraft and a few web sites but slow on some others. So i would really love to get rid of this "varifying your account " bs. Rather not pay for it if i dont have to.
  6. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

for rooted phones the 'wifi tether router' paid app works great with the right settings on the metro / t-mobile s4. I've been using it fine the the 4G LTE is phenomenal. only problem is you need a user agent switcher for your browser if using a computer. utorrent works fine and i do not has a ps4 so i can not tell you what the deal is with that.
  7. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

also works on my virgin mobile S3 fine too
  8. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member