1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Mobile Hotspot is working still... a year after I bought the phone.General

1. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I never activated it when I first got the phone, I didn't even try it. A week ago I tried it just to see if it'd work, and it did. I checked my "My Verizon" and saw nothing about mobile hotspot being activated.

Do I need to wait three months to see if it's really a glitch and free for ever for me, or is there another way to see if I'm going to be charged for it?

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Anyone else use it? Does it continue then cut itself off after a set amount of time? Just wondering what to expect if others have been in the same situation.
  3. rottenpixies

rottenpixies Well-Known Member

Are you rooted? Wifi Tether works great for me since I had the T-Bolt a year ago, but I am rooted and on a custom rom. If you want wifi tether to work still I suggest rooting.
  4. Branndon

5. heytango

heytango Member

I have had my T-bolt since the week they were released and mine still works too (non rooted). Haven't checked my husband's phone. Weird thing is I even got a replacement phone after I broke my screen (a brand new one) and it STILL works on the new one.
    Branndon likes this.
  6. Branndon

Thanks! This is what I was wondering. When did you first try the "mobile hotspot"? Was it right away, or did you wait a couple months?