1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Mobile Hotspot

1. limited

limited Well-Known Member

I just got this phone from BoostMobile, but I don't see the option for a Mobile Hotspot. Is it possible to do without rooting, I don't mind paying the extra $5 for boost but it doesn't look like they offer that option for this phone unless I missed something.

Advertisement
  2. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Mine should arrive today (in Uk), your post worries me I thought something like that would be standard as it was in my Desire HD. The phone is 4G and will have blisteringly fast internet here soon so as I'm on an unlimited web tariff i was expecting to be able to tether the phone easily via wifi.

I found these online and hope they help:
    Using HTC One SV as a wireless router

Sharing your mobile data connection by USB*tethering

So hopefully it should be able to do both.
  3. dsf3g

dsf3g Member

This phone and the Samsung galaxy Victory are Boost and Virgin Mobile's first LTE phones. I have spoken with a Virgin rep on the phone, and they have confirmed that Virgin will not allow tethering of LTE data at this time. I'm pretty sure the same applies for Boost. Which is unfortunate, because otherwise I'd be picking up a Boost HTC One SV for sure in a couple of weeks when my contract expires. As it now stands, if you want to tether with this phone you need to sign up with Cricket, which is something I'm considering.

Unfortunately, Cricket's LTE coverage is very sparse, and I for one am not in a coverage area. But their 3G is leased from Sprint, which means it's the same 3G that Boost and Virgin get.

So right now I'm torn between buying a One SV from Cricket, and enjoying cheap 3G tethering, or buying a One Sv from Boost and additionally paying for data on a Virgin Mobile hotspot device I've got. Neither would get me LTE tethering, but I've got good WiMax coverage where I live, and WiMax is plenty fast for my needs (and to be honest, so is Sprint's 3G).
  4. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

..or just get the phone unlocked and sim free. And it won't have any proprietary network firmware or locks greying out any settings.
  5. Annandroid

Annandroid New Member

Sorry, potential first time Android phone user here. A few questions and whatnot for BOOST's HTC One SV:

1. Does "can't tether LTE" = "can't tether basic Sprint 3G"?
    2. For anyone on Boost who has the phone, does the "WiFi Tether" app work for tethering any kind of data?
    3. Should I get this or the Galaxy S2 4G?

Thanks folks.
  6. jsphmuckey

jsphmuckey Well-Known Member

Just got this phone as well. Loving it so far :) Btw mine came with an app called WiFi-Hotspot. I clicked on it, ran it & it seemed to work flawlessly! Haven't connected my laptop to it yet though. Don't know if boost will charge me more or not? Any who that's about it....
  7. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

8. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

You sure i can't get it to work. Keep getting error
  9. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

If that last question was directed to me...

in 'wifi tether for root'
    You must choose profile: HTC Rezound(LTE/CDMA/GSM)
    Rally 517 likes this.
  10. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Thanks
  11. shinru2004

shinru2004 ROM Developer

Edit the lines in build.prop ro.tether.ui=0 to ro.tether.ui=1

there are 3 lines like this change each value to 1 and tether will be enabled.
    smith058 and LilBit like this.
  12. luis32744

luis32744 Active Member

Need to root it Buddy! and then download hacked Wifi Tether!
  13. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

I was wondering which version of Android wireless tether were you using... I can't even get the apk to download. I've tried to download 3.4, 3.3, 2.0.7 and 2.0.6. I'm rooted and on the Kyocera Hydro Edge 4.1.2 Model: C5215. Thanks and sorry for bumping an old thread.