• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile internet problem

Baarton

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys new to this forum and android! So i got an DHD a few weeks ago on orange and its been great so far up until i tried to use mobile internet while out. i usually use wifi in the house but i get 500mb of data on my plan so thought id use it when at college. i turned on mobile network and tried to access the internet but kept on getting connection failed check network settings. iv checked and everything seems to be fine just cant seem to get online. anyone know of any methods to fix this? any help appreciated thanks for reading guys :) x

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Can you tell me what symbol you have in the top corner while on mobile internet. Is it a H , E , G or 3G, also there are two arrows below the letter, one going up and one going down, can you tell me whqt these are doing when your trying to use the connection e.g loading a web page, thanks

Upvote 0
hello :) thanks for the reply, well when i first turn on my mobile internet i get the 3g symbol with the 2 arrows underneath. this then goes off after about 2 seconds and i get no symbol there :S im rather confused as to why this is happening.. i get perfect 4 bar signal for calls texts etc..

Upvote 0
Yeah, that sounds bad, let's hit the settings..

Settings > wireless and networks >> mobile network settings > access point names.

Then press menu, hit clear to defaults, then press menu again and hit new apn.

The fill it In as follows

Name = Orange Internet
APN = orangeinternet (case sensitive)
MCC: 234
MNC: 33
APN Type: default
Ignore everything else and leave it as <Not set> Then press menu and save and then turn off the phone and restart

If this doesnt work, its probably a sim card problem. Let me know how it goes.

Reactions: Baarton
Upvote 0
Yeah, that sounds bad, let's hit the settings..

Settings > wireless and networks >> mobile network settings > access point names.

Then press menu, hit clear to defaults, then press menu again and hit new apn.

The fill it In as follows

Name = Orange Internet
APN = orangeinternet (case sensitive)
MCC: 234
MNC: 33
APN Type: default
Ignore everything else and leave it as <Not set> Then press menu and save and then turn off the phone and restart

If this doesnt work, its probably a sim card problem. Let me know how it goes.

did all these steps and it worked first time :) thanks everyone for the help and positive answers (Y)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones