Mobile internet with Acer A 100General

1. KROMAZON

KROMAZON New Member

Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum and have 1 question - I've got Acer A 100 and it does not support 3G but we have mobile internet provider that offered to me Huawei E560 that according to the provider will allow me to use it as WIFI device with my tablet. What do you thing cause at the specifications of E560 android is not shown as supported OS but it does not reqire any instalation in the tablet.

Greetings

Advertisement
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Kromazon, welcome to Android Forums :hello:

The E560 is essentially a 3G wifi router. It connects to the internet with 3G (requires a SIM card) and then distributes that connection via 802.11b/g/n wifi. Any device that has 802.11b/g/n wifi can connect to it including your Acer A100. So there is no need for it to be "Android compatible" and does not require any installation on your A100. It would be just like connecting to any other wifi network.

Hope that helps!
    KROMAZON likes this.
  3. KROMAZON

KROMAZON New Member

Hello man,
    Thanks for the reply. I thought it the same even the mobile operator told me taht this device need additional instalation of some software. I read the instruction of the E 560 and it really seems that if you use only WiFi you don't need additional software, right?

Have a nice day pal.

KROMAZON
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I'd go with the instructions of the E560 as 802.11 doesn't require any additional software.
    KROMAZON likes this.