• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Network Bug After Internet Pass-Through

You can simply install a WiFi access point so the phone doesn't need to be tethered to your PC. I know it's more of a work-around rather than the solution, but at least it will accomplish what you want without running into the bug.

FWIW, I never use internet pass-thru. Instead, I either use WiFi or my data plan to connect the phone to the internet. On occasion, the phone would stop connecting to either connections (WiFi and 3G, HDSPA, EDGE indicators are off), unless I toggle them off then on. Yes, another bug I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
hi
i using htc desire z . my internet connection (using mobile network) was working properlyy till recently , but now when turning mobile network on it shows .. use phone for data connection when wifi not available and fails to connect. my wifi is working normally till now . when i restart the phone the network gets connected for sometime and gets disconnected on its own and again shows the same thing when trying to connect .. please help me to solve this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones