• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile network connection error - phone or network issue?

Bexxx

Lurker
Nov 4, 2010
I'm having some problems with my mobile data connection which is likely to be a network issue, but just wanted to check if it could be down to my phone. I've had the phone a few days, and mobile network connection certainly was working when I set the phone up. I've since been using wireless which works with no problems.

Today i've tried to connect using the mobile network and get an error message. Also, when I try and switch on the mobile network connection in the settings/wireless and networks menu, i get the message 'trying to connect' beneath mobile network and the option becomes greyed out and stays that way. The only way I can force it to stop trying to connect is by going into airplane mode.

Anyone else experienced this?

Am still in 2.1 and havent upgraded to 2.2. While switching on the Connect to Mobile Network, it greys out with a status of 'Turning On....'. The APN settings have been received correctly though.

I have the same problem. It started in the middle of the day. I've been on the phone with Verizon for 40 mins and they want to re formate my Dinc now!:mad: Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones