Mobile network connection error - phone or network issue?Support

Last Updated: 2011-01-15 00:40:18
  1. Bexxx

Bexxx New Member

I'm having some problems with my mobile data connection which is likely to be a network issue, but just wanted to check if it could be down to my phone. I've had the phone a few days, and mobile network connection certainly was working when I set the phone up. I've since been using wireless which works with no problems.

Today i've tried to connect using the mobile network and get an error message. Also, when I try and switch on the mobile network connection in the settings/wireless and networks menu, i get the message 'trying to connect' beneath mobile network and the option becomes greyed out and stays that way. The only way I can force it to stop trying to connect is by going into airplane mode.

Anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. akankshit

akankshit New Member

Did You Find a solution to your problem? Even Am having a similar issue.
  3. ryanraven

ryanraven Well-Known Member

What network are you on.
  4. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Many people have lost the APN settings when upgrading to 2.2. You can call your network and ask them to send you the correct mobile internet APN settings in a SMS this SMS should put the settings into your phone automatically.
  5. akankshit

akankshit New Member

Am still in 2.1 and havent upgraded to 2.2. While switching on the Connect to Mobile Network, it greys out with a status of 'Turning On....'. The APN settings have been received correctly though.
  6. Sleeve

Sleeve Member

I have the same problem. It started in the middle of the day. I've been on the phone with Verizon for 40 mins and they want to re formate my Dinc now!:mad: Any ideas?