Mobile Network Disconnect SuddendlySupport

1. vvserpent

vvserpent New Member

I found that my Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus disconnected from the mobile network frequently. When mobile network disconnected, I am not able to dial phone call even mobile data connectivity. It looks like SIM CARD removed . . . .

I have to power cycle my Tab 7.0 plus to resume the mobile connection.
    I did factory reset my device but mobile disconnect problem still happening.

##WIFI still working when mobile network disconnected.

Anyone can tell me what is the problem on my NEW Tab 7.0 plus?

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

If you have Wifi active, it takes priority over cellular data connectivity,
  3. vvserpent

vvserpent New Member

Hi Colnago,

Sorry for misleading. 3G is my major connection. When I found 3G network dropped, I switches to WIFI.

The problem is , I am not able to recover the 3G connection unless I power cycle my device.
  4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Do you have a "data timeout" set under the "Mobile Network Settings", or under the "Power saver settings"? If not, I would check to see if the "Prefered network" is set to "WCDMA" or "GSM"...best to keep it at "Auto"' if you're in an area where 3G signal is marginal, and your devices switch from 3G to 2G often.
  5. vvserpent

vvserpent New Member

When I noted Mobile network disconnected. [NO SERVICE]

I executed alogcat and captured the log messages from my 7.0 plus.

Here is the interesting message from the log. Why state chagned from connected to disconnected. Why radio Turned off?

D/MobileDataStateTracker( 2917): default: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=CONNECTED, reason=radioTurnedOff

Regards,
    Jacky
  6. Jaanibee

Jaanibee New Member

I have the same problem, my Data Sim Card, though it is inserted, seems to be unrecognized by my GT7+, while Wifi is working just fine. I am new to tabs and I don't have any idea what to do..