Mobile network GUI buttonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else have problems with this not working? I have a shortcut on my main screen to this and all of a sudden since yesterday I have to hit the network button like 10 times for it to turn on or off. I have to keep it off at work otherwise I won't have enough beattery life in it to get past 3 o'clock due to signal loss in my building.

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I too have to toggle the 3g off at work to save battery. I just use the power button (hold it down). It seems much more reliable.

In fact, since using a different launcher, I don't even have the Sense shortcut available.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

From my experience, it takes a moment or two before it actually toggles to "off". I found that if I'm impatient and press it too many times too quickly, I'm actually toggling it off and on, and eventually the widget/icon catches up. Not sure if this applies to your experience, just sharing.

**EDIT** I am using SwitchPro Widget; however. Pretty cool, and customizable.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.alei-switchpro-CFBF.aspx

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Turning it off definitely sometimes sticks when I have super poor reception.

It's one of those things.

5. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe it's my reception, but I really don't think so. Using the power button doesn't really make a difference either. I can shut it off that way but the network button will still show green. I'll try a reset and see if anything changes.

6. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Try removing the widget and re-adding it. I had it act strangely a while ago, and that fixed it. The widget became out of sync with the actual setting.