• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile network/internet not turning on.

It's them IDIOTS at Orange.

It's an absolute joke...thats 2 days now that I've had either no...or very intermittent mobile internet...its just not good enough....

No internet...no emails...no satnav...no nothing!...If they don't sort it out by tomorrow Im switching to another network and they can have my money.

Upvote 0
Not working in Sawbridgeworth...usually get at least 3G and occasionally HSDPA.

But then I'm accustomed to my phone taking 30 minutes or longer sometimes to log on to the data network, so not too worried that I have no data after just a minute or so :)

Edit: think that was about 6 minutes to get a data connection.

Upvote 0
Recent Tweets from Orange say the problem was APN software and it's now been sorted.

For those customers still having data access problems, we've identified intermittent issues with certain APNs & are working on a fix ASAP about 16 hours ago via Echofon

Further to some data access problems witnessed on our network yesterday, we can confirm that normal service has been fully restored about 5 hours ago via Echofon

The outage was caused by an unusual software issue combined with a separate & localised hardware failure, both happening at the same time. about 5 hours ago via Echofon

...this affected a small number of APNs & meant that some, but not all of our mobile data customers had problems accessing mobile Internet. about 5 hours ago via Echofon

...we'll continue to monitor network performance closely, and would like to apologise once again for any inconvenience caused about 5 hours ago via Echofon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones