mobile network not availableSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rai78

Rai78 New Member

My phone ran out of charge yesterday and my husband plugged it into the computer to charge. When I turned it on this morning and tried to send a text it wouldn't send. Upon further investigation I found I have no service.

My phone shows four bars but when I try to phone out I get the message 'mobile network not available'.

I've done the usual turning it on and off. I swapped sims with my husband as we're both on 3. My sim works in his phone but his doesn't work in mine.

I'm hoping it's just something in the settings but I can't understand why it was fine yesterday and now it doesn't work.

I rang the 3 help-line but they were pretty useless and suggested I go into my local 3 store (a 40 mile round trip).

Any help would be greatly received but just to warn you I'm a phone novice and will need it in very simple terms or step by step instructions.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

If you can't find out what caused it, its best to just try the factory reset.
    If its a software problem, the reset would solve it.
    Backup all your phone data before doing it.
  3. Rai78

Rai78 New Member

So I've restored all my factory settings and still no network. It's driving me crazy. Any other ideas?
  4. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Might be a hardware problem, try cleaning the simcard slot and see if it works.
    If that doesn't work then take it to the nearest samsung service center.