Mobile network won't connect

Last Updated:

1. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

Is anyone else having issues connecting to mobile network?

I'm running Fresh 2.1.2. My network hasn't connected any today. I can't even toggle the mobile network widget. When I go to Settings > Wireless, Mobile network is grayed our and it says "Turning on..." below it.

I saw in another thread to cycle the network off and on. I have to do this through a long press on the power button, but it doesn't ever connect.

Is this a phone issue, or could there be network problems in my area?

2. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

I flashed a different radio and it fixed the problem. I don't know what caused it though. I haven't changed any settings in quite a while.
  3. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

next time it happens, try turning airplane mode on then off. that should always do the trick
  4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

or reboot. It happens occasionally, very rarely though. I think the widget has a bit of a bug where if you turn the widget on, then try to turn it off before it connects, it crashes/freezes. Or, it's just a slightly buggy process in general.

Cycling airplane mode, or just plain rebooting will fix it.
  5. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

I tried airplane mode and power cycling. Neither worked. I don't know what the issue was, but I'm glad I changed radios. I went to a slightly older one ( and am getting much better reception at home.
  6. Aftermath

Aftermath Member

thanx guys for the help i just had this problem and toggled threw airplane mode and worked like a charm.