Mobile On/Off Widget?Support

Last Updated:

1. caregiver

caregiver Member This Topic's Starter

I've been playing around with launcherpro and ADW launcher for a few days now and I find myself going back to sense after a few hours. The main reason for going back to sense is because I love the mobile network widget. While I love using these launchers I get irritated when I have to go into settings to turn on and off the mobile network. I use beautiful widgets and find it a great substitute for htc widgets, but they don't have the mobile widget....

Is there anything on the market that can turn off the mobile network as easily as the htc widget? I've tried a APNdroid which didn't work at all and switchpro which didn't work the same. I really want to use launcherpro or ADW launcher but this one widget is driving me insane!

Advertisement
  2. caregiver

bump.....anyone?

3. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

Not sure which widget you are referring to. Please explain.

Also, have you checked out Dazzle to see if it fits your needs?

4. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Member

I'm lookin for the same thing and haven't found one yet.

In the meantime, I find it faster to press/hold the power button and turn off the mobile network from there instead of going into settings.

caregiver likes this.
  5. caregiver

Thanks for this, that totally slipped my mind. A widget would still be nice but I guess this will have to do for the time being

6. thelastname

thelastname Member

Outside of the HTC "Mobile Network" widget there doesn't seem to be any others. I think there is a reason.

I wanted to install Extended Controls app because I like the integrated Power Control widget, but want it to do more. The Extended Control does a whole lot and rather smoothly. HOWEVER, from the dev's blog site:

1. Paul May 26, 2010 4:00 pm
      Great app. The best one I have used. Is there any way you can add a 1 touch toggle to turn mobile network on and off.
      On verizon incredible there seems to be no setting for 2g. It is either 3g or standard. The incredible has a built in widget that does this task, but I would like to incorporate it into your app. Then it would be perfect.
    2. nottix May 26, 2010 4:19 pm
      Hi Paul,
      i’m so sorry but only the native widget can do this operation. The SDK widget can’t.
    I'd really like what you're looking for but maybe some Android pro around here can tell us why it apparently isn't possible???

7. abupapi

abupapi New Member

Try this...Click menu, add to home, widget, scroll down to settings (it should have a drop down arrow pointing down) click on it, and the widget it's called: MOBILE NETWORK. Click on it and finito!! Hope it helps!! BTW, this instructions are for the EVO 4g..

8. rollskins

rollskins Active Member

Try using switchpro. It has a bunch of great widgets its the only reason I was finally able to make the move to launcher pro and I love it so much more than sense now.

9. Snake05

Snake05 Member

This is for Sense UI, doesn't with with Launcherpro.