Mobile Security

Last Updated:

1. sdellin

sdellin Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

I saw an advertisement for Lookout Mobile Security. I found the app and it is antivirus software.

Should I have an antivirus app on my phone? I never thought about that, but with getting emails on my phone, I guess it could happen.

Any recommendations on a good antivirus app? I have the Samsung Transform, which runs Android 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You dont really need one. As of right now, there are no android viruses.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

No. No reason at all.

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I believe that there are a total of two known exploits for Android... both being Trojans. Until more show up I don't think installing an anti-virus on an Android phone is necessary.

5. berlee0301

berlee0301 Member

Would an app like this tell you if you had some sort of threat? I posted a few up from this thread about a concern regarding my phone and unfortunately no one has responded yet... so I'm just looking for answers... sorry bout the hijack.

6. christensen.g

christensen.g New Member

I have lookout more for the backup and the location than the anti-virus, it scans my phone every morning and scans updates and new installs and lets me know there is no threat, I believe if there were a threat it would let you know.

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I'm very skeptical of these "antivirus" apps. Every real antivirus program I've ever seen looks for known virus signatures, and I can't see how you could possibly do that without any known viruses.