Mobile site broken?

Last Updated:

1. ElusiveByte

ElusiveByte Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm browsing the mobile version of this site on my G1, and every topic link gives me a very simple, text-only "Page not found" error. The new "hot threads" links on the main page work, but I tried to view threads in three different forums and every one gave me that same error.

EDIT: Ha, even after I posted this I got the error, but I can view it from the Recent Threads list.

This is the url I'm viewing now:

http://www.androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/4137-mobile-site-broken.html

This is the broken one:

http://www.androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/4137-mobile-site-broken.html#post25271

Why in the world would a reference to a named anchor cause a 404 error? I've determined that the error page I get is the Android Forums custom 404 page. I guess it's a bug in the site's url rerouting engine. But I was under the impression that links to named anchors ween't sent to the server, and the browser itself resolved them once the page loads.

Update: a simple refresh on the 404 page makes it load. For a while I was deleting everything after and including the # in the url, but I noticed that when I pressed Back the page with the # would then load. Very weird.

Advertisement
  2. ElusiveByte

It appears to be working fine now.

3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Thanks and sorry bout that!

4. ElusiveByte

Oh look, it's happening again. It only happens when I'm on a wifi connection. Both times it happened at home. I should try a wifi connection somewhere else.

If someone else wants to try, please do.