• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile sites getting smarter?

UssjTrunks

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2011
Desktop agent no longer works in Opera Mobile and Skyfire for some websites (like Yahoo.com, Tennis.com, and NBA.com sometimes). Those websites loaded in desktop mode just fine up until recently. Sometimes the desktop page will load, then it will redirect me to the mobile page. Anyone else having this issue? Dolphin still manages to load them in desktop mode, which I found a little strange. It's not a big deal since it only affects a few websites, but I'm scared that it will become increasingly difficult to bypass mobile websites.

I wouldn't have a problem with mobile versions of sites if they didn't suck. However, no picture/video content, no ability to zoom in, and missing half the content/links of the full website means that mobile websites still have a long way to go before they become usable.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones