Mobile Streaming Channels on Hero

Last Updated:

1. CrazyDelta

CrazyDelta Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I am looking forward to purchasing the HTC Hero once it is out in Hong Kong.

However, being someone who has been using an old Nokia phone for way too long, I am finding the jump onto a modern smart phone a bit confusing.

One thing I really want on my phone is some of these mobile channels that are provided by my phone provider (PCCW) here in Hong Kong.

PCCW Mobile Channels Details

Now according to that page, PCCW claims only some phones are supported, and there seems some relatively old phones there as well.

I don't think PCCW will be selling the HERO as I will probably have to buy it separately, but I am wondering if these mobile channels will work on the HERO considering it is a brand new phone?

I am really looking to watching streaming HD Football once the new season starts in August, and I want to be able to watch it on the Hero in case I am missing a game while I am out.

Hope someone can explain this to me and how it would work. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. CrazyDelta

Bump.

3. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

I really doubt it could if you're not buying it from the provider. They would have to put an app on the phone that would allow you to access the channels. If you buy it unlocked, it would have the power to do it, but not the software.

4. CrazyDelta

Just wanted to share my excitement after I got the news yesterday that the HERO is releasing on PCCWmobile afterall first thing September.

I already made my pre-order.

This also means that I'll be getting streaming TV channels and well as live football on my HERO.

That just made my day!