Mobile TV?Support

Last Updated:

1. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is that coming to Android? I saw Vcast video on demand is available now. I assume Mobile TV is live ?

Advertisement
  2. tjubb

tjubb Active Member

hmmm, I thought live video was in the vcast app. I downloaded and signed up thinking there was live video as that was what it said in the app's description, but all I am seeing is VOD stuff? Anyone know where the live programming is?

3. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah, that is what I was wondering. I think the Live TV is a seperate thing and according to the Verizon website there are only 2 compatable phones. I really don't care for VOD, but would love live TV.

4. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Verizon is promoting that you will be able to watch all of the World Cup games via Vcast. I just assumed they meant live, but now I am wondering if I assumed too much?

5. RJonesUSC

RJonesUSC Member

I was thinking the same thing when I ran it. Where's teh guide and why all the VOD stuff? It does look like there will be some live broadcasts such as sports and things.

6. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

They have a dedicated channel for the World Cup, and right now a VOD on there for highlights from previous world cup matches. I am thinking once the games start tomorrow, that channel will be populated with the games that are going on?

7. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Yep. My above post reflects exactly what Verizon has done. They will list the World Cup live games under the World Cup channel as they are being played. Watching South Africa v Mexico right now. Great picture, a little choppyness here and there but nothing that bad. I am sure it also has to do with the fact that I am working right by our switch room. Oh yeah.. Did I mention I am at work ;)

8. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Watching all these live world cup games on my phone is fantastic. I am going to really miss it when it's over.

9. RJonesUSC

RJonesUSC Member

Now that Slingplayer Mobile is released I'll probably be cancelling my mobile TV service.

10. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

SPB TV has an android version out as well I think.

11. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

Try Slingbox and Slingplayer. Best thing to happen to a phone ever.