MobileAP on 2.3.6 generic version ?, where is the APK code?General

Last Updated: 2012-09-04 14:10:05
  1. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Several months ago, for a short time Samsung had a 2.3.6 generic version on their website. We downloaded it, but it caused picture messages to fail, and required a work around to get market functioning. Everyone said don't use it, but it had this good app called MobileAP; to allow a mobile hot spot, or wifi tether.

The new simple install MetroPCS version of 2.3.6 can be written over the generic version. That means it does not cost anything to try out the generic version, and export the good apps from it.

I tried to find the mobileAP apk, but couldn't. Anyone want to share ideas on where it could be hiding.

Advertisement
  2. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

hhmm wouldnt it be in the system/apps. i would try to help more but id just got my data working again from doing the generic and using odin to go back.
  3. Yeah, try system/apps/
    and when you get it, upload it!

Sent from my Samsung Admire Running P.U.T.U 2.2
  4. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

No, I looked there. Also in \data\app.
  5. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Besides odin, you can get your phone back to stock by using the Metropcs official tool called MetroPCS_R720_Admire_simple_upgrade_tool_FF18
  6. no, that is the UPGRADE tool that updates you to the MetroPCS Official 2.3.6

7. You could try backing it up in Titanium Backup, unzipping the tar.gz file that has the .apk and tada! Like I said in the other post, if you get it , then upload it!

8. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

nahh i dont like odin cause the stock.tar takes aways all data capabilities so it doesnt even work. ive already done the official update, didnt like it cause the rooting methods are too unstable at the moment.
  9. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Did you try @djrbliss script? It works for me.
  10. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

:eek: well, not as we bought the phone, but with the MetroPCS update tool, I'd call it stock 2.3.6.
  11. You still need that MobileAP.apk?

Sent from my Samsung Admire Running OpenAndroid 2.3
  12. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Yup.
  13. enigmadroid

enigmadroid Well-Known Member

The configuration lies within settings.apk/res/xml.
    tattoowood13 likes this.