MobileMe

Last Updated:

1. sdgmusic

sdgmusic New Member This Topic's Starter

So, from what I am aware of, HTC Hero is able to use multiple email account (gmail and not). will I be able to set up a MobileMe account on it?

Sean

Advertisement
  2. AloMon

AloMon Member

I would have thought so.. mobile me does allow pop and imap

3. tomlin88

tomlin88 New Member

Hi, I have an Android trying to get rid of my iphone stage, however, I don't think I can program email to use mobile me.com. There are 3 options to set emails, 1) Corporate (exchange), 2) facebook, 3) gmail. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

4. ciden

ciden Member

Yes you can use MobileMe on your Hero. When setting up your accounts, just choose 'other' - enter username and password, and the phone will do the rest. Mine's setup and works. Currently there's just a slight niggle getting info in certain folders, such as 'send' when these e-mails has been send from, say your Mac. Other than that - it works. You can even move e-mails around.

Even went as far as to create a MobileMe inbox icon on the home screen.

5. azuurami@gmail.com

azuurami@gmail.com New Member

Hi Ciden, I have an HTC Desire, but that one does not have an option add an other account than the once listed? I would like to use especially my calender on mobile me?. Any solutions?

6. paulazmom

paulazmom New Member

As Ciden said, you can use your mobile me account on your HTC Hero. (also Evo)
    Just set it up under "menu"- "more", "New Account" - "choose a mail provider" - Other (pop3/IMAP) and fill it up what it asks by using your mobile me account information. Then, you'll have your mobile me account on your HTC.
    If you have several sub accounts, still use the primary mobile me account name to set it up. Once you are done, you'll see all your sub e-mail accounts folders under "menu" - "folders" It is neat to see your sent e-mails from your other mac devices in "sent" folder. I'm very happy with this.