Mobiles.co.uk Anyone?

Last Updated:

1. confuzzled

confuzzled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do.

I've was going to buy the Desire tomorrow from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk, But i went itnto the carphone warehouse before and a guy told me that "e2save and mobiles.co.uk" were part of the carphone warehouse, He told me that if i bought from one of these sites that if i had any problems after 28 days i could come to them and they would sort it out, This made me feel alot better as my closest mpd.co.uk stores is about 60 miles away. It is on orange on mobiles.co.uk and t-mobile on mpd, How is orange's 2g/3g signal? (Liverpool)

Also this will be my 1st contract phone and am not 100% sure on what everthink means

Heres the link below:

HTC Desire - Great Mobile Phone Deals on Orange

The deal is dolphin 25 -

300 mins Any
    Network Anytime + Unlimited Texts
    Push Email + 500MB Data [​IMG]

I know what the

Advertisement
  2. Jay3GSM

Jay3GSM Active Member

Half price line rental is always done via cashback, so you will pay the full amount each month, then claim back by sending in the relevant invoice. Money is then refunded to you.

Online retailers do this as they have no control over your billing which is controlled by the network.

3. Pyr0x64

Pyr0x64 Active Member

just gotten my 1st contract phone too
    i ended up giving up on the online deals and just bought from the t-mobile shop (cos i didn't want to wait for delivery, lol) for ease and the availability of local support from a retail store.

i take it that's the 24 month deal? (18 months only showed 100 mins for dolphin25)
    that works out to

4. sajon44

sajon44 Member

Had a few contracts but my first with mobiles.co.UK must say great deal the longest contract I ever had was my last one 18m iPhone 3g this one a desire on a 12month contract unltd text unltd internet but only 300 mins but suits me 40 a month plus had issues with battery life contacted them and they said immediate exchange no problemo.
    Well one no desires in stock lol.
    But offered me any other phone if need be.
    So great service so far

5. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

Mine has come from mobiles.co.uk as did my wife's iPhone last year. No problem with either time and cash back worked first time.

6. Jack10

Jack10 Well-Known Member

mobiles.co.uk dont have the best deals, which is the point of online really :)

7. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

They had the best deal online when I ordered my Desire.

Couldn't find anyone at that time who could beat them. Different needs will find different deals to be the best so I don't see how you can make such a sweeping statement.

May not have the right deal for you, but for others they might. That's why people shop around.

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

how long did it take to get the phone back from e2save?

9. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

I got my Desire from mobiles.co.uk. There were cheaper deals and much more expensive ones. None of the cheaper suppliers had the Desire in stock and I noticed some people who ordered from cheaper suppliers didn't have their phone well over a month after ordering. Also, being part of the Carphone Warehouse group, mobiles.co.uk supplied me with an unbranded and unlocked Desire and my Froyo update came quickly and I've not had a problem with it since.

Ian

10. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member

I also got my Desire from Mobiles.co.uk. I ordered on the Tuesday morning, I had an in- transit notification on the Tuesday evening and it was delivered before lunch on the Wednesday. I even had a call from them after a couple of days, so see if everything was okay.
    I got an 18 month contract with T mobile, with 300 minutes, 300 texts and unlimited internet for

11. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Originally, I was going to get my Desire from them, until I read this.

12. bartlet

bartlet Well-Known Member

Pretty much my reasons for ordering from them.

Including my own, I know of 4 Desires brought from mobiles.co.uk in the last 2 months. All delivered with no problems and as Ian says, unbranded and unlocked. Just remember to cancel the insurance and gadget helpline (unless you want it of course!)

Remember cashback sites too! I used TopCashBack and currently show a nice

13. Fatwaz

Fatwaz Well-Known Member

some bad reviews there for sure but like me there a few on here who have had no trouble at all.got my desire from them within 24 hours,unlocked and unbranded.would definately use them again

14. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

15. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

I know im a lil late on this one, but it does seems the mobiles.co.uk has gone downhill and they don't act as part of carphone warehouse when you need help.

both my gf an I ordered two desires from them as most other online retailers including direct networks often dont allow multiple phones at the same time. We were going to get a pretty good deal from them, and went through sign up an order fine. Told was out of stock...waited a week, emailed them and had auto responses back nothing from a real person...thats when it got worse.

Tried calling them and they would leave you on hold for quite along time, though thankful it was a london number so not premium. Emailed them a number of times about it and they would give a second number to call which was their direct sales team...ah, no it wasn't...it was the "Carphone Warehouse Employee Internal Line"....nothing to do with sales...or mobiles.co.uk or even anything to do with a customer...it was an internal phone line for carphone....when spoke to carphone about this they went almost as far as denying they even had any dealings with mobiles.co.uk..

We ended up cancelling the contracts after nearly 3 weeks waiting...and this again is where it seems dodgy....NO company allows you to cancel by email, its a security and makes damn good sense...mobiles.co.uk...they allowed it fine, I sent an email saying I wanted the contract cancelled and gave them details like order dispatch etc that THEY had emailed me so nothing they didnt already know...and got a reply within minutes saying it was cancelled...

Now why when I send genuined emails to them did they takes days to reply....but when cancelling it was minutes? secondly I gave them details which were inside the emails sent from them and the original order confirmation email....anyone who had access to the email account could of so done that...there was no password confirmation or anything...so already there security is so lax..

Also they never tell you bout the hidden insurance...I took off insurance for both mine and my gf's phone...EVEN the 1 month free trial insurance and geek squad help....nope they didnt listen and slapped it on anyway expecting you to then call and remove it.

To be fair, after this and reading a number of similar responses with mobiles and numerous other online dealers...we just went direct to three got a really good deal, she got a wildfire on a good deal and I got a refurb desire on a damn good deal...so we're both happy.

All I'd say with these online companys like mobiles.co.uk, dialaphone etc etc is just do some research and just go careful because they arent always the best at all. And to those who have had no issues...then you guys are the lucky ones..though I do often wonder at the validity of some responses and reviews as being 'placed' to look good.

just my two cents on it..

16. AceMathias

AceMathias Well-Known Member

Ordered mine back in May soon after first release from mobiles.co.uk as they were one of the few places to have it in stock. It was shipped the next day, got a great deal on it. It arrived unbranded and unlocked, which means i get the firmware updates faster. i also got cashback (eventually from Quidco too