1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[MOD][CM7][GB] CarDoorMod

1. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member

:eek: dam what happened?
  3. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

I Tried to shut my car door a couple of times aparently a triumph is incomparable with a ford
    Teklogikal and joemossjr like this.
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

LOL.

Sorry about the phone, but that quote really struck me as hilarious today. I found the thread title very creative and hilarious as well. Glad you can have a sense of humor about it all.
  5. haro138

haro138 Well-Known Member

Don't think I'll be trying the volvo variation of this mod :/ Sorry about the phone.
  6. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Got to have a since of humor. It's my 3Rd triumph. But it's thanks to all the deva in 15 min I'll be back to where I left off. Thx!
  7. JohnnyCSx

JohnnyCSx Active Member

Haha that was a good laugh, thanks! Time to reflash, clear the Dalvik Cache this time
  8. ziggy46

ziggy46 ROM Developer

i thought this thread was a real mod! :D then i saw the picture! :eek:

at least you know the triumph makes a good "door stop" :p
  9. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Glad to make everyone laugh. Half the humor goes to my roommate lordvincent90
  10. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

That's right! Told you I wasn't the only one who thought this was funny. Lol
  11. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Any chance for a MIUI version?
  12. Serephen

Serephen Member

Does anyone have a screenshot of cardoormod? I have this one but it don't do it justice.

[​IMG]
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  13. xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx Well-Known Member

all i could say is futz, i'm glad the first thing i do when i get into a car is check my pockets for my phone
  14. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

I checked my car's manual, and it says it is incompatible with any pagers, cellular devices, or MP3 players.

Whew. I'm glad I checked my car's manual. ;)
    Sorry about your phone though, I must say you took it with a great sense of humor. Well done sir. :)
    hobbes likes this.
  15. matthewrknoll

matthewrknoll Member

Not too shabby for a first time mod...still looks a little rough around the edges though. Not sure I'm ready to flash this one just yet.
  16. minus5252

minus5252 Well-Known Member

Lol
  17. some_azn_dude

some_azn_dude Active Member

Try pulling the battery and rebooting.
  18. CornfedChris

CornfedChris Well-Known Member

Not gorilla glass ;)
  19. bigvandal

bigvandal Well-Known Member

Lmao
  20. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Yes this will work flawlessly with miui, just need to slam a 4th time it should be no problem. And I checked gorilla glass also says that it's incompatable with ford. IM currently trying to work out the bug with a guy who tried the tree trunk mod with a prevail
  21. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member

Actually I think this will actually prove to people that it is actually gorrila glass... Plastic wouldn't spiderweb like that glass will. I guess more specifically it proves that it is actually glass.
  22. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Today on mythbusters. MT gorrilla glass confirmed
    lifeblows10 likes this.
  23. any chance you would take that triumph apart and send me just the plastic shell with battery door cover? I can bend it straight again no problem, but need them for a paint experiment, see how durable my guitar paintjobs are on a phone without messing up the shell I have now or having my phone off and not working for a few days straight.

I'd pay! PM me.

also, if your battery is still good, keep it and use it with your next triumph, having a second battery or more is an entire world of difference. being able to go out and not give a single thought to battery life, just swap when its low. changed my world, at least.
  24. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

The back plate didn't survive in less than two pieces. But i do still have two of the battery plates if ur still interested.

I didn't make my claim b4 my insurance ran out. So i bought the warp for a change. In gonna miss it. But its all a sign that i just wasn't meant to have a triumph. :( if it will help anyone in lookin for screwdrivers to tear it apart. Will post pics

25. the phone isnt easy to tear apart, at least it wasnt for me. gotta take out two star bolts next to the battery, and pry the entire case apart around the edges with a spudger, its a snap together case, the front half is the screen, the back half is everything else. you can see the split by the hdmi and usb ports, the power button and volume buttons.

so when you say "the back plate didnt survive" I assume thats the battery door?

but when you said "i have two of the battery plates" you completely lost me. I cant relate that to any part of the phone that I know of