• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] [Froyo] Mobster Tweaks v6

Mobstergunz

Android Expert
Sep 5, 2011
Reading, PA
Mobster Tweaks v6

by Mobstergunz

Mod Features:

Root
Busybox
Battery Tweaks
Performance Tweaks
Touchscreen Tweaks
Faster Media Streaming
Faster Data Speeds Tweak
Disabled Boot Animation
Blacked Out Shutdown
Sony Xloud Engine
Sony Bravia Engine
HD Youtube
Triumph build.prop w/ HTC Incredible 2 mod

Installation Instructions:

Flash in ClockWorkMod Recovery

Downloads:

Sony Engines - Sony Engine Mods (Froyo).zip

Froyo based Roms only - Mobster Tweaks v6 (Froyo).zip

Bugs:

Sony Mods - The Xloud Engine seems to be giving random bugs one being no speaker phone during calls however these Engines greatly improve Videos, Photos, Audio, Camera / Camcorder, and even raises Volume through Headphones

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE WHILE USING THIS MOD

What's the difference between the two? It's booted...just not really noticing anything different lol.

i forgot to remove an unnecessary line in the Updater-script :p

well the mod is mostly behind the scenes work making the Rom run super powerful and lag free while improving video and audio :) the best thing is it doesn't mess with the UI or your custom settings

Edit: i do find it weird that it didn't disable your boot animation try flashing the new zip i put up and see if it gets disabled

Upvote 0
i forgot to remove an unnecessary line in the Updater-script :p

well the mod is mostly behind the scenes work making the Rom run super powerful and lag free while improving video and audio :) the best thing is it doesn't mess with the UI or your custom settings

Edit: i do find it weird that it didn't disable your boot animation try flashing the new zip i put up and see if it gets disabled

Is it going to mess it up having it flashed over twice?

Upvote 0
So what exactly do the Sony engines do? Just improve performance and graphics? Looks awesome, exactly what I need. Do these mods also help improve battery life?

Battery should be a little better but this Mod favors Power and Speed over battery so it should be about the same if not a little better

xLOUD™ technology demo (rus.)

only thing is this mod makes Xlound on all the time since its not part of our settings apk

you should notice the improvement more through headphones since the Triumph's speakers suck

Booted faster, but still has the bootanimation

That must be a CM7 thing i'll look into it

Upvote 0
I would like to add this tweak to Froyocream 2.0. Do you recommend to add this tweak to it and did you incorporate the deleting of the alog files with this tweak? Thanks.

Yup you can add this to any froyo Rom and thanks for reminding me I'll be adding the alog fix in a minute..... btw if your Rom already has the alog fix your good ;)

Edit: the alog file fix has been added to the mod - this does however require a kernel with init.d support so fock kernel or bKernel will do the trick ;)

Reactions: Velorex
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones