1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[MOD] Meenova micro-SD Cable tie modTips

1. Incakola

Incakola Well-Known Member

Hello, I own a meenova microSD connector* for whenever I run out of that 26.80GB of space on my N5. I noticed that other microSD connectors basically come in one piece, meaning the cap is connected to the body of the connector. I got meenova because it was kind of cheap and I wanted a handy keychain that will give me 64GB of extra space (micro SD card not included). I was worried that I might loose the cap so I made a little mod with a cable tie. I cut the cable a little less than one half of it's length, I wanted to give a little more slack but it works for now. No cuts on the connector were necessary, all i did was gently jammed the head of the cable tie into the convenient space inside that hole of the cap. I've attached images of the mod.

*(For those that never heard of these products such as otg cables w/ micro usb end (flash drive compatible) and microSD connectors (Micro SD compatible). They provide a means of external space. -Pointless tip- The otg cable also allows and if your android version supports it, be able to navigate your device with a PC mouse. These products will most likely work if your device is rooted, kernel supports it, and have the app stickmount.)

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

Good idea, I did drop my keys once and the cap went flying off quite a distance
  3. g01851

g01851 Well-Known Member

Very nice... almost looks like it was designed to do that :)