• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] MusicMod 1.6 by Eliot Stocker for Droid X

Fabolous

Superuser
Nov 7, 2009
Illinois
fabdroid.com
This is by far the most awesome, modified default music Android player, created by Eliot Stocker.

This is version 1.6, which is an older version, but his newest that supports Eclair 2.1 (all the newer ones require Froyo).

Here are the features:

Eliot Stocker said:
Gesture Contol
4 Different Sized widgets
including a full 4

Attachments

• Music.apk
    1 MB · Views: 57
got it installed...sweet! Thanks!

One dumb question, how do I go about editing the mp3 info (artist, album, etc) and adding cover art? Do I need to do it on my pc then load it back to the X? Or is there a way to do it directly on the x?

I don't know about that, there're probably apps to do that. All my music already has that info though, since I transfer it from my PC. I don't actually do any downloading from the device.

So if it doesn't keep the lock screen controls etc - why not use one of any of the multitude of music player replacements?

It's got some nice widgets, is as lightweight as the stock client, has features such as gesture control, and I really like the transparent, full screen now playing page.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Fab, would you recommend using this over Cubed?

Yeah, I downloaded Cubed because this wasn't available until root. Now I don't have Cubed anymore, though the feature I will miss a little is queue, for on the fly playlist making.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones