• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mod Praise

ardchoille

Android Expert
Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
I had just added a new thread about my themes and realized it may be considered spam. So I contacted a mod named Slug and asked for advice on what to do with the thread.

Slug replied that the thread looked fine as posted, gave me suggestions for improving my posts, and did all of this while being very helpful and having a great attitude. I've dealt with mods on other forums who have no business being on the internet at all. Slug is a rare find. Come to think of it, all of the mods that I have dealt with on these forums are awesome. Whoever is doing the hiring is doing a great job! Give that man a raise! :D

But I use Right Guard, not Ban.

Do you have enough Right Guard for life?

right-guard-deodorant.jpg

:D

Plus, I have proof of baby Liam taking over at the Phases household:

baby-driving-car.jpg

Phases is a busy man, chasing that down every day. ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, the quality of Moderative staff here is second to none.
I regularly see awful mods being appointed in other forums, especially with regards to bias or member bullying, or lack of ability.
I would certainly attribute your Guide system (as well as good judgement on the Admins part) to this.

There are a few tighter ones around, some even disallowing posts until reviewed by a Moderator. Of course, those forums have a tiny amount of participation as compared to this vast, alive place.

I used to moderate at one political forum cluster that had user phone numbers as a requirement for signing up. Each new user had to wait for "that call" from the forum Administrator before they could start posting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones