• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD/ROM]scamble_v01.3[CM6.1.3][12thAPR] - new kernel on 2nd post

rendeiro2005

Aug 26, 2010
Azeit
www.wix.com
NEW VERSION ON 2ND POST WITH NEW KERNEL

This is my latest MOD/ROM based on Froyo with CM6 ;) and based on my previous one (check HERE if didn`t know that one yet).

****************************************************************************************************************************
**************************************************************​

YOU SHOULD INSTALL THIS THROUGH xRecovery.
IF YOU`RE NOOB AND DON`T KNOW WHERE TO START PLEASE GO HERE.​

****************************************************************************************************************************
**************************************************************​

Special thanks to go3asy for his work HERE

SUPPORT
All basebands supported thanks to cobrato

If you`re on baseband .49 or .52 please install THIS patch (right after flash rom without reboot);
If you`re on recent ones .5x just go ahead.

INCLUDED/CHANGES
- Complete remodeling from my previous one;
- ADW;
- Astro File Manager;
- Chrome 2 Phone;
- Good Morning;
- GScript Lite;
- Torch;
- XDA;
- Ubuntu fonts;
- Blade WiFi;
- Flash Player;
- MIUI animations;
- MIUI keyboard;
- Wipe all unnecessary files;
- Camera (latest tweaks available/redesign);
- Contacts (redesign);
- Gallery (redesign);
- mms (redesign);
- Phone (redesign);
- Settings (redesign).

note: if any of these are payed apps please pm me and i`ll remove them ASAP.

INSTRUCTIONS
YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL STEPS TO EVERYTHING WORK AS IT SHOULD!!!
- Make a backup (if you want to);
- Factory Reset (Full Wipe);
- Wipe cache partition;
- Wipe Dalvik Cache (Advanced options > Wipe Dalvik Cache);
- Install [MOD/ROM)scamble_v01[CM6.1.3].zip;
- Reboot;
- Let him reboot one more time and you`re donne;
- Go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User interface > Tweaks extras > Select a theme > scamble;
- Press Menu > More > ADWSettings > Backup & Restore > Restore ADW Settings & Desktop (then make your own changes);
- Go to GScript Lite > Menu > Add Script > Load File > add-on_installer > Save > Run;
- Repeat the same process but instead of add-on_installer, choose reboot_recovery;
- Donne. Enjoy ;)

TWEAKS INCLUDED
- [Script] Reboot into xRecovery from OS [UPDATE: ALL Xperia Androids | ANY Recovery] - Thks to DooMLoRD and all who help develop this
- [BL] Kifno Tweak's Universal Script v0.1 - Thks to kifno
- Fugu Tweaks - Thks to vvaffles & nikademus (because of this tweak you WON`T have bootanimation, so don`t ask me anything about this.)
- sysctl
- and much more :D

SCREENSHOTS
all images are just illustrative. This MOD/ROM doesn`t contain any paid app.

DOWNLOAD

PLEASE DON`T MIRROR. IF YOU HAVE SOME DIFFICULTIES PLEASE PM ME AND I`LL PROVIDE ANOTHER LINK

ADD-ONS
If you want to restore Ringtones press HERE
If you want to restore Notifications press HERE
If you want to restore Live Wallpapers press HERE
If you want to install all-in-one with the above files press HERE
If you want sonyericsson ARC sound files press HERE

RESTORE DATA
Restore Data in Xrecovery can cause Battery drain or force closes
Use MyBackup or THIS method from Wolfbreak

CREDITS
All mention above plus:
rdannar, TripNRaVeR, zdzihu and jerpelea for developing there roms ;)

----------------------------------------

If you like my work, do not be shy. Pay me a drunk and i appreciate that:) Leave my wife and kids at home and here i come.
Just press donate button :):):)

----------------------------------------
Regards,
Rendeiro ;)

NEW KERNEL - TESTING PROPOSES ONLY

All credits of this should go directly to zdzihu and TripNRaVeR for this ;)

BASIC INFO
Kernel features:
  • removed 32 fps cap
  • implemented netfilter (Droid wall, native USB/wifi tethering etc.)
  • undervolted to 0.950mV to save battery
  • don't remember what else I did, I bet something nasty
  • super ugly boot logo!

DOWNLOADS
[MOD/ROM]scamble_v01.3[CM6.1.3] - This is a new version witch work with .52 baseband only. By flashing this you won`t need anything else except the kernel files below.

test-kernel - This will install the new kernel launched by zdzihu and moded by TripNRaVeR

back-to-stock kernel - This will bring you back to custom kernel.

HOW-TO

1. Factory Reset (Full Wipe);
2. Wipe cache partition;
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Advanced options > Wipe Dalvik Cache);
4. Install [MOD/ROM]scamble_v01.3[CM6.1.3].zip;
5. Reboot and let your phone catch gms signal;
---install kernel---
6. Enter xRecovery;
7. Flash test-kernel.zip file;
8. Reboot

KNOWN BUGS
- GPS doesn`t start;
- Apps2SD.

PACKS TO ROM ON 1st POST

Complete scamble icons HERE - This is just PNGs. You need to change icons manually.

Default Android Icons HERE - don`t ask me for the originals latter

Change battery to look like this HERE. Thks to smartgardens for MOD ;) - install through xRecovery

Change battery to look like this HERE. - install through xRecovery (without percentage)

Upvote 0
Thanks...installed it this morning with the bb patch. Works great!

Looks sweet...I had to go back to Launcher Pro just because i'm so used to it but very nice work thanks!

A few questions.

1. My quadrant score was 1100. Is that good? Is the fact i'm on baseband 46 contributing to that?

2. Should I upgrade the baseband? If so, can I just flash that without having to reinstall the ROM?

3. Camera... I see the zoom icon...and when I touch it a zoom bubble pops up but I cannot manipulate it. How do I zoom?? :)

4. What happened to Sony Ericsson Sync??

Upvote 0
Got my answers from you on XDA, thanks. Been using it today and really other than the camera zoom I really like it. Love the new status bar with the ability to toggle wifi, bluetooth, gps and sound...saves space on screen 3 :) Had to go back to launcherpro but otherwise using it as you saved it.

Flash is awesome :)

Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Got my answers from you on XDA, thanks. Been using it today and really other than the camera zoom I really like it. Love the new status bar with the ability to toggle wifi, bluetooth, gps and sound...saves space on screen 3 :) Had to go back to launcherpro but otherwise using it as you saved it.

Flash is awesome :)

Many thanks.

Hi;)
Sorry but I've been a little busy and just saw your questions either way I'm glad that you saw your questions answered eslewhere;)

Reactions: Smoked
Upvote 0
Update: loving this rom. Battery useage is quite good...a tad worse than my last 2.1, but not bad. I'm usually around 45ish% at the end of the day with decent useage. I purchased Vignette so I can zoom my camera...it was too important to wait, especially when I don't like the new 2.2+ stock camera app anyways, and I heard with Arc they're going to a more boring camera. The bitsnacker theme corrects the battery% indicator..s.o everything is working..it's stable with no reboots...fast...it's great :D

Thanks Rend.

Upvote 0
I loooooooooooove it....just one thing..Does this version fix the calling issue?

That's the only problem i have with this rom...it wont let me do 3way calling and it doesnt tell me if someone is calling me while im on the phone (call waiting) i was sure to have it turned on. please could you help me :)

Did you check settings-call settings-aditional settings-call waiting?

Upvote 0
Did you check settings-call settings-aditional settings-call waiting?

Yes :-( I tried ticking and then unlocking and even revolting in not sure what's going on....do you think it maybe that I was on the version that had to use the patch? I have heated my baseband just a few hours ago. Ppl were beginning not to be able to call mewhile on the phone. That'd the only problem that prevents me from keeping it :-(

Upvote 0
Yes :-( I tried ticking and then unlocking and even revolting in not sure what's going on....do you think it maybe that I was on the version that had to use the patch? I have heated my baseband just a few hours ago. Ppl were beginning not to be able to call mewhile on the phone. That'd the only problem that prevents me from keeping it :-(

strange:thinking:

1. witch baseband you`re using?
2. we`re talking about witch rom? From 1st post or 2nd?

Upvote 0
strange:thinking:

1. witch baseband you`re using?
2. we`re talking about witch rom? From 1st post or 2nd?

IM so sorry for the spelling. And I was on baseband 49 and I just updated to 54 so I could do the call waiting again. Its weird because when somebody is calling me and IM on the phone it just rings like normal on their end. And nothing happens on mine. The main reason why I want to be on 2.2 is because of fpse

Upvote 0
My x10 firmware is still on 2.0.2.A.0.24. Could this custom rom/mod still work on my phone if I follow all the instructions in the quoted box which you have listed?

not sure about firmware.
the only important thing is to check if you have the right baseband (radio) on about phone > baseband version.

if you want the rom from 1st post you must have .54 or above
if you want the rom from 2nd post you must have .49 or .52 baseband

Reactions: DomtaR
Upvote 0
My x10 firmware is still on 2.0.2.A.0.24. Could this custom rom/mod still work on my phone if I follow all the instructions in the quoted box which you have listed?

I ran it fine on that firmware with 2.0.46 baseband. The only issues I had were with the video camera which ultimately were too important to me with a baby on the way so I flashed back to 2.1 Eminence last night.

It's a sweet ROM though in every other way!

Reactions: DomtaR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones