1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[MOD][SCRIPT] Enable/Disable soft key LEDS *6/14/12*

1. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Well-Known Member

I'm sure your tired of those soft key lights on in your face when your trying to watch a movie or read right? Well so am I! So i decided to write a script to disable and enable them with the click of a widget. cool right? :D

Prerequisites:
    Root
    SManager
    Your Phone

1. First install the app above and accept the SU request.
    2. Use a root file browser and move the script from the SD Card your system/etc/init.d folder
    3. Go into SManager and locate the 2 scripts. Click on them and tap the little star button in the top left to make them a favorite. And click the little SU icon while your at it!
    4. Add the widget to your home screen, run the script and turn off the display and then turn it back on.
    5. Enjoy a light free phone :cool:

Scipts:
    Toggle LEDS.zip

Dracconus
    V SuperUser V

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dracconus

Dracconus Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a look at this, and make a modified version just for learning experience if it's cool with you. I'll upload it when I'm done, but I'm keeping what it is a secret 'till I'm done 'cuz I don't wanna have someone else code it first, and/or make empty promises :p

BTW, upload them as one file on that host because they make you wait 4 mins in between small dl's like that...kinda ridiculous.
  3. KrazeeCracker

Ill reupload tomorrow lol.

And go for it haha the more we learn, the more we can accomplish with this phone!
  4. Dracconus

I'm gonna up it on a website I don't really use for anything anymore, if that's cool with you. Will have it zipped so that people can just extract it on their phones.
    QR Code, and link will be up shortly if you're kewl with it.
    KrazeeCracker likes this.
  5. Dracconus

Well, apparently 000webhost is having problems (as usual) so I just decided to dropbox it for now.

Link: SoftKey Switch Scripts as .zip (Both)
    -----------------------------
    QR Code (Barcode for Barcode Scanning App on Phone)
    Hit "Show" below this text

[​IMG]
    Master4697 and LightenLhar like this.
  6. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

One question. Do you think this could work on the esteem? :b Just curios.
  7. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

nice work bro. i think if you can find a way combine the two to turn on and off you can sell it in the market for some good change.
  8. KrazeeCracker

Its possible lol, if you can let me know where the LED brightness for the buttons is located I can help.
  9. LightenLhar

LightenLhar Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest an addition to the instructions that you need to turn your screen off and back on again in order for it to take effect. Other than that note this is utterly brilliant and it definitely makes it much easier on the eyes when I'm reading a book or something on my phone :D
  10. Mexjoker

Where do i find that?
  11. KrazeeCracker

Honestly without having the esteem in my hands idk, if you want to PM me and setup a time where you can install teamviewer on your phone i can go through and look for you thatd be fine with me.

The connect is located in sys/class/leds/button backlight.
  12. Mexjoker

Same location. I found the leds folder
  13. KrazeeCracker

Odds are of will work for you, but before you try it what's the Max brightness inside that folder set to?
  14. Mexjoker

15. KrazeeCracker

16. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Well-Known Member

so... after I install the script do I extract it? what do I do with the script? where do I put it? thx guys (;
  17. KrazeeCracker

Extract it and move it to your SD card. Then with a root explorer move it to your system/etc/init.d folder. Then follow the reatbof the guide in my first post lol. Goodluck! Ill answer any questions/problems you have!
  18. Mexjoker

[​IMG]
    Got this error
  19. LightenLhar

LightenLhar Well-Known Member

It's normal, just shut your screen off and back on and the led's turn off/on anyway.
  20. MotoTriumphant

I went to system/etc/ I cant find the init.d folder, does it say "init.d folder" because I cant find it sorry for being a noob guys.
  21. KrazeeCracker

Haven't found a work around for that error yet. But it still works lol
  22. MotoTriumphant

bump (my last post on here)
  23. Dracconus

Give me a moment, I'm going to look through something for you, I'll respond in a bit.
  24. Dracconus

Mine doesn't have init.d either, and I'm on stock zv9. I'm rebooting after isntalling script manager to see if it pops up, and if not, I'm going to manually create that folder, then try runnning the script and see what happens. Just give me a bit, and I'll post back with more details, and results. Sorry for the wait.
  25. Dracconus

Okay, I just tried that, and I'm getting the chmod 444 execution error /system/etc.init.d/lightso on not found....five me a bit, and I'll figure it out hopefully.