1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

{MOD} Settings.apk 'TOOLS' section 9/21/12

1. V SuperUser V

V SuperUser V Well-Known Member

A small MOD inspired by Fuzzy13. The MOD consists of:

Advertisement
    :
    Memo35, LDrifta, divagirl and 9 others like this.
  2. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

Cool! How about a GPS toggle to go with it?
    V SuperUser V likes this.
  3. V SuperUser V

I can work something out. Will take it under consideration, thanks
    Pappy62 likes this.
  4. The Capo

The Capo Well-Known Member

force closes when clicking on flashlight
  5. The Capo

whats admin data for? if u dont mind me asking....
  6. V SuperUser V

thats weird, i wonder whats causing that. can you make sure you have the lgHiddenMenu.apk in your phone and that you did not remove it?

i really dont know, Internet Data enabled is the only one i can tell that does something when enabled or disabled (data wise)
    The Capo likes this.
  7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Not really necessary but still pretty cool. If you could add the animation/picture that pops up when you continually tap on "Android Version".
  8. V SuperUser V

Thats from a different phone, isnt it. that activity would be hard to implement (by me) as i only managed to link settings.apk to other apks

how would this fit in the >>Tools<< section? :D
  9. Mexjoker

Did not think this one through.. Oh boy, I guess I have to come up with a witty comment! Easy the picture will be of a monkey wrench! :D *crickets chirp*... Tough crowd.
  10. The Capo

i dont have the lg hidden menu
  11. Mexjoker

How about linking it up to ROM toolbox? That's beneficial tool as it's an AIO. :p
  12. V SuperUser V

Well that just might be the issue, you need it for it to work :)
  13. The Capo

still same problem
  14. V SuperUser V

Lol

True, but why go through 3 touches (menu, settings, romtoolbox) when you can access it by simply touching it once (assuming its on your desktop)

The same goes for ROM manager, but it somehow worked its way into the settings (blame fuzzy).

By allowing it to stay there is my way of paying tribute to our fuzzter :D
    Fuzzy13 likes this.
  15. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Linking it to ROM toolbox is touchy. I originally had it linked but you can only link it to either the free or paid version. You can't link the free, buy the paid, and it automatically change. The links are different. Which is why i chose ROM manager. Most Everyone uses it and it's free. :D
    V SuperUser V likes this.
  16. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

hmmm interesting thread.. now only if somehow you could incorporate that flash toggle onto the power widget or something of that nature.. would be pretty bad-ass of you ;) jus sayin LOL

as for suggestions towards more 'tools' uhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm...... howwww abooouuuuuuuuuuuut... uhhhhhhhhhhhh... snack button? or uhhhhhmmmmm something food relatd..? LOL

no but seriously, what would i like to see when i open my settings/tools menu...? hmmmm, well some tools would be good :D i suggested that!!! remember it!!!, putting tools in the 'tools' section was my idea LOL

how bout a link to a built-in android terminal emulator..? dont ask me how im just making a suggestion LOL
  17. boneface

boneface Well-Known Member Contributor

cachemate or just a cache clear
    link to Root explorer?
    maybe a link to speed test in phone status?
    and btw, i use my flashlight on this phone daily, so i have the app on my dock
    this is still cool tho so ima try it out
  18. Fuzzy13

The first test run i did of this new style of settings was a Jelly bean type. It had an accounts section that the accounts on the phone; Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc..and a spot for "Add Account" which this thus eliminated the the tab we already have for accounts.

I didn't like it, found it pointless so I started over.
  19. The Capo

lg hidden menu wont install dont know why... I put it in system app and reboot still the same...
  20. Fuzzy13

Because it has to be flashed. Some system apps cant be installed by simply placing them in the apps folder and rebooting.

My advice? Just reinstall your ROM. ;)
    The Capo and V SuperUser V like this.
  21. The Capo

omg to re install every thing again... urggg..... but thanks for the advise..
  22. Fuzzy13

What do you mean? Just flash your ROM. You don't lose anything. Just don't wipe data.
  23. The Capo

number2 formats by it self dont it?
  24. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Why not just make a flashable file that extracts to the system>app? :rolleyes:
  25. The Capo

how i do that ?