[MOD] Themed Swype

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Credit to bad4u6669

Link to mod:

Themed Swype - xda-developers

Different colors at the bottom, delete the color from the file name when placing on sdcard. i.e. blueupdate.zip > update.zip

MUST BE DEODEXED

All Swypes have matching tracers

All these are for 2.2, there is no reason you shouldnt be on 2.2

Original images from bilbobrian, just some extra days on my part getting it to you

As always do a back up

If on 2.2 and have boot strapper installed to use this update .zip, throw it on sd card, open droid x bootstraper reboot to recovery, apply update.zip, reboot done!

........ without bootstrapper method...........

if you want just the apk for a different color just extract it from the update.zip file

use root explorer or other app to make a copy of your original app ( its in system/app)

First you must remove swype.apk from system/app
    any way of your choosing, terminal or adb, then reboot.

follow the following directions

Put the .apk on your sdcard, navigate to it with astro or your fav file browser, open the apk and choose install. If it still says only gives you the option to uninstall, you didnt uninstall correctly.

if you can get it to show up after install go into settings and keyboard and make sure swype is checked

DONE

................ If you somehow botched it...............

restore your back up.

If you were careless enough to not do a back up and your on 2.2 get a clean download here.. MY droid world 2.2 follow those instructions.

then download file again, your last one might of been bad. When in recovery go to mounts and mount system, then install the zip

Advertisement
  2. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I'm liking the shifted blue one but I don't see a download link for it? Also the directions do not go into enough detail to show how to delete the swipe.apk using the terminal. Anyone have directions how to do this?

N/M I feel foolish I found the directions in the thread, but still not sure where to get that keyboard.

3. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, bro. The links are on the pages the devs had put up on the other sites. The links are above. I just wanted to help our folks become aware that there were swype mods.

5. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I tried the Themed stock keyboard and it didn't work for me I don't think anyways. I still can't find the one I was looking for. I hope more of these come out soon.