• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Various Mods: Pattern Unlock, Blue Battery 10%, CRT, Rotation Mix for Stock GB 4.5.602

bouchigo

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2010
Stockton, CA
This is for stock GB 4.5.602. I decided to go ahead and do it since people keep wanting to use the old .596 mods on their .602 setup.

I haven't tested these as I am not on .602, so you guys will have to let me know if they work as intended.

Enjoy :D

If you have bootloop issues use this (I suggest you use this before applying the mods, but it's up to you):
GB_2.3.3_4.5.602_Deodexer.zip

CRT only
http://www.mediafire.com/?ibw4zw19d1lvcrp

Stock Pattern Unlock (no CRT, Rotation, or Battery)
Stock_GB_4.5.602_Remove_SlideLock_PatternUnlock.zip

CRT plus Pattern Unlock
Stock_GB_4.5.602_CRT_PatternUnlock.zip

CRT, Rotation, plus Pattern Unlock
Stock_GB_4.5.602_CRT_Rotation_PatternUnlock.zip

CRT, Blue battery10%, plus Pattern Unlock
Stock_GB_4.5.602_CRT_Blue_Batt_PatternUnlock.zip

CRT, Blue battery 10%, Rotation, plus Pattern Unlock
Stock_GB_4.5.602_CRT_Blue_Batt_PatternUnlock_Rotation.zip

Remove Mods (if you no longer want the mods, use this to remove them):
Remove_Mods_4.5.602.zip

I have an issue with Swype force closing after the Deodex. I updated my swype to the latest Beta, rather than the stock version. The FC's don't kill my phone, but i do see like 3-4 of them and have to FC launcher pro before all is up and running. And obviously i can't use swype. Is there a way to Re-Odex? Can i just install the original 602 package again without losing data? Does the Deodex do something to that swype package?

Thanks for the work though!

Adam

Upvote 0
I have an issue with Swype force closing after the Deodex. I updated my swype to the latest Beta, rather than the stock version. The FC's don't kill my phone, but i do see like 3-4 of them and have to FC launcher pro before all is up and running. And obviously i can't use swype. Is there a way to Re-Odex? Can i just install the original 602 package again without losing data? Does the Deodex do something to that swype package?

Adam

Haven't seen the fcs on swype (as I'm swyping right now) but the launcher pro issue is more of an issue with the app itself. Every rom I've loaded fcs upon startup bc of lpp.

Upvote 0

Adam

You are having issues because swype is included in the deodexer. The stock .602 swype app is being installed to your "app" folder in "system". It is causing conflicts with your beta swype. Try going into /system/app with root explorer or es file explorer and delete the "Swype.apk" from /system/app. See if that fixes your FC issues.

EDIT:
Reboot after deleting Swype.apk from /system/app (just in case) ;)

Reactions: acmonster
Upvote 0
You are having issues because swype is included in the deodexer. The stock .602 swype app is being installed to your "app" folder in "system". It is causing conflicts with your beta swype. Try going into /system/app with root exploer or es file explorer and delete the "Swype.apk" from /system/app. See if that fixes your FC issues.

EDIT:
Reboot after deleting Swype.apk from /system/app (just in case) ;)

Thanks. I was able to get rid of one force close, and the LPP force close. However I still get a FC on com.swype.android.inputmethod. I found this folder and lib file in /data/data. I deleted the lib file and the FC went away. However this caused my beta swype to not work. I'm going to try and reinstall that now.
Thanks again for all your work! You're truly an asset to the Android community.

Adam

Reactions: bouchigo
Upvote 0
I presume we flash these in CWM, correct?

Does anyone have a preview or screenshot of the bluebattery with 10% increments?

I applied a Metamorph to get my status bar black, it FC'd like crazy, but after reboot it had actually made the change. Will flashing the bluebattery cause me to lose the black status bar?

Can you do a bluebattery without pattern unlock?

I don't even no what pattern unlock is....?

And what's "rotation"?

Upvote 0
I presume we flash these in CWM, correct?

Does anyone have a preview or screenshot of the bluebattery with 10% increments?

I applied a Metamorph to get my status bar black, it FC'd like crazy, but after reboot it had actually made the change. Will flashing the bluebattery cause me to lose the black status bar?

Can you do a bluebattery without pattern unlock?

I don't even no what pattern unlock is....?

And what's "rotation"?

Yes you will loose the black status bar because these mods are for stock GB .602.

If you don't know what pattern unlock is don't worry about it, it means you don't use it and it won't affect you either way. (FYI pattern unlock is a lock that requires you to draw a pattern to unlock your phone; the mod is not only for pattern unlock, but for password and pin unlock too).

"Rotation" means your home screens rotate, stock they don't.

Upvote 0
Yes you will loose the black status bar because these mods are for stock GB .602.

If you don't know what pattern unlock is don't worry about it, it means you don't use it and it won't affect you either way. (FYI pattern unlock is a lock that requires you to draw a pattern to unlock your phone; the mod is not only for pattern unlock, but for password and pin unlock too).

"Rotation" means your home screens rotate, stock they don't.

So it changes the unlock pattern layout?

These are to be applied via flash in CWM?

After I flash the battery, I'll lose the black status bar, can I then reapply via metamorph and get it back?

Have screenie of the bluebattery?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The CRT only caused force close hell. Could do anything, non stop force closes. I am SBFing now. :(

You should always ask if there is something you can do before you SBF. The people around here are pretty fantastic with problem solving. Particularly Bo and VS. I believe all you needed to do was go back into cwr and flash Bo's deodexed zip and it would have fixed it without having to SBF. To get into cwr you would pull the battery and then plug up via charger or usb and your X should boot right into cwr allowing you to flash the zip.

Upvote 0
You guys aren't understanding what the mods do (at least it seems that way).

You will not loose the pattern lock. Here's what it does: If you have a pattern unlock setup to unlock your phone, it will go straight to pattern unlock when you wake your phone instead of swipe to unlock and then to pattern unlock. There is no point (I think) to have to swipe to unlock just to get to the pattern unlock to unlock your phone, it's redundant.

If you aren't deodexed, then do so, otherwise you run the risk of bootlooping (you will more likely than not bootloop if not deodexed), but it's up to you guys to try with or without being deodexed.

Upvote 0
You guys aren't understanding what the mods do (at least it seems that way).

You will not loose the pattern lock. Here's what it does: If you have a pattern unlock setup to unlock your phone, it will go straight to pattern unlock when you wake your phone instead of swype to unlock and then to pattern unlock. There is no point (I think) to have to swype to unlock just to get to the pattern unlock to unlock your phone, it's redundant.

If you aren't deodexed, then do so, otherwise you run the risk of bootlooping (you will more likely than not bootloop if not deodexed), but it's up to you guys to try with or without being deodexed.
Out of curiosity, do you know if it is possible to make a mod that bypasses the swipe to unlock completely? I currently use NoLock to bypass it, but occasionally the system kills NoLock and the unlock screen comes up and then disappears when NoLock relaunches itself. It would be nice if there was a mod that didn't rely on an app that the system can kill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones