• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Various Mods: Pattern Unlock, Blue Battery 10%, CRT, Rotation Mix for Stock GB 4.5.602

You guys aren't understanding what the mods do (at least it seems that way).

You will not loose the pattern lock. Here's what it does: If you have a pattern unlock setup to unlock your phone, it will go straight to pattern unlock when you wake your phone instead of swype to unlock and then to pattern unlock. There is no point (I think) to have to swype to unlock just to get to the pattern unlock to unlock your phone, it's redundant.

I understood it... I just like being redundant. :lol:

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, do you know if it is possible to make a mod that bypasses the swipe to unlock completely? I currently use NoLock to bypass it, but occasionally the system kills NoLock and the unlock screen comes up and then disappears when NoLock relaunches itself. It would be nice if there was a mod that didn't rely on an app that the system can kill.

I'm not aware of any way to do this (doesn't mean there isn't a way), but it would probably be out by now if there was.

My bad. I thought I was on the deoxed version but I was not. My fault.

Yeah, the TBH releases are odexed.

I understood it... I just like being redundant. :lol:
:p

Upvote 0
I have twice booted into CWR and installed the deodex zip and then crt/blue/pattern zip and both time have gotten massive FC's and have had to SBF both times due to not making backups prior lol

It's strange what's happening to you.

No need to sbf, all you have to do is apply the deodexer again and you should boot up fine.

Question, are you applying the deodexer and then rebooting, afterward going back into CWR to apply the mod? Or are you applying both, one right after the other, and then rebooting?

Upvote 0
Is there a battery mod for 602 that is like this one?

10% battery mod for GB 588

Thanks guys

P.S. That info about the framework makes real sense. Ill go without crt and the battery mods before "downgrading".

P.P.S Should you instal the deodexer right away or should you reboot first?

Install the update to .602 and reboot.

Install the deodexer and reboot.

Now you can install mods/themes.

Upvote 0
It's strange what's happening to you.

No need to sbf, all you have to do is apply the deodexer again and you should boot up fine.

Question, are you applying the deodexer and then rebooting, afterward going back into CWR to apply the mod? Or are you applying both, one right after the other, and then rebooting?
Guilty. I was thinking that might be an issue.

Upvote 0
Here is a screenshot for those who want one. I am using everything on mine. With no issues what so ever, on the Deodexer.

snap20110826_101309.png

snap20110826_101320.png

Reactions: bouchigo
Upvote 0
so to install these mods, I have to install the deodexer zip in recovery mode using the droid 2 bootstrap? Then once that installs, go into recovery again and install the zip file of the mod of my choosing??? I'm just trying to get this right since I have bad luck and bricked a few phones.

Make sure after you install the deodexer that you reboot and then go back into CWR to apply whatever mod it is that you want.

Upvote 0
When I was getting the massive fc's I installed the deodexer and mods at the same time. I'll try and install rebooting before eatch mod etc.

The way you were doing it is guaranteed FC heaven.

You need to install the deodexer first and reboot, and then go back into CWR to install the mods. This has been mentioned a few times throughout the thread already.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to remove the deodex? Ever since I installed it my market doesn't work properly. When I download a app and when it starts installing the market always force closes and the app will never install.

You probably installed a different market than the one that came stock with .602 or your market was updated before you applied the deodexer. Try uninstalling market updates; if that doesn't work, delete the market and install the market again.

Try clearing market data and cache too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones