Modaco 2.2 anyone?

Last Updated:

1. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I usually browse these forums on my hero, so maybe i missed a post here, but anyone flash 2.2 yet? I'm liking much better than fresh 1.1 and modaco 2.0.

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I just saw that...was wondering how it was. What do you like better about it?

3. kayos

kayos Active Member

I was also thinking about getting that one. Can you point to or perhaps post some screen shots?

4. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

I have been running it for two days and its way better then Fresh with the new kernel mmmm it is fast as hell. I am using his kitchen sorry guys its still in beta and you need to be a premium member but once its release to the public it really is nice. But download the core and just remove the apps(sprint bloatware) manually and again wow. Also if you miss your espresso theme you can always flash it in the rom. Again guys WOW

http://android.modaco.com/content/h...n-2-2-modaco-custom-rom-for-sprint-cdma-hero/

5. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There aren't any changes visually as there are in fresh roms. Looks just like modaco 2.0 and stock sense.

6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I'm planning to re-download and flash it later today, as I didn't want WaveSecure in it at all. I tried it out yesterday though, and it certainly seemed fast, but I didn't really notice any speed differences between that and Fresh1.1.

7. Aldo Junior Ao2

Yeah i think he was fixing the wavesecure he left it in there by accident. Maybe mine is faster because i have all the bloatware gone. I can tell the difference and we are talking milisecond but you notice it when your going from one app to another and another and it keeps running smoother.

8. tatonka_Hero

I'd donate to him and get the kitchen to make my life easier, but I'm flat broke. Haven't had a job since September. I'll have to remove the apps I don't want the old fashioned way lol

9. Aldo Junior Ao2

The old fashion way, you mean with a hammer and nail. Stop don't do it please. hehe

10. tatonka_Hero

nah, blowtorch works better for cutting things out.

11. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

I loaded it up yesterday over fresh 1.1 and it was chugging really bad. Restored very quickly. I will wait to see how it settles down today.

I have been reading everything, but can't find anything that would actually make it faster or outline what he changed in the kernel.

12. Aldo Junior Ao2

I have not seen it chug like your saying maybe it was an app or a bad flash. Can't really say but its the the new kernel 2.6.27 which is the same rogers just released last week to canadian htc magic users with there sense ui update.

13. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

Just flashed from Fresh 1.1 to MoDaCo. Kinda cool I did an OTA download to my SD card, rebooted, HOME button + POWER BUTTON to get into the recovery image, backed up, reflashed and rebooted twice. Now its running MoDaCo. Everything is still intact contacts, apps, messages, etc....

Whats really cool, IMO, is the apps I pused via Fresh's kitchen is still there.

Good stuff!

14. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

Might be a stupid question but how would I remove the bloatware if I dont have a comp right now. I have it on the sd to flash but I dont want all the crap.

15. tatonka_Hero

I don't believe you can without hooking it up to a computer. I could be wrong.

16. Aldo Junior Ao2

Hold on did you not just use a blowtorch. You need a pc to remove sorry.. g0trOOt what did you think of Modaco's new rom. I feel it has less lag to none sometimes. To me Fresh is ok but this just feels all-around better. Also Modaco has been doing this for awhile so i trust his work hence why i donated. I have a feeling he will have 2.1 working for us soon shhh.

17. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member

If you are rooted and have a terminal app you can do it from there, the same way you would via abd.

18. tatonka_Hero

ah yes, forgot about that way. I've never used it so it slipped my mind.

19. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

Well, I like MoDaCo better. I liked the look of the original HTC Hero. Fresh's icons are cool, but I liked the old stuff better.

Also, it IS faster. I can feel it. I also had 2 guys at my work scroll around with Fresh before I flashed. They too noticed a slight speed difference.

Like I always say, to each his own, but I like the MoDaCo better. Other threads elsewhere say its the new kernel...I don't know much about kernels, i just know I like this MoDaCo better :D

I know what you mean about "all around better". I can't pinpoint it either, its just different; faster and crisper to my touch.

Its like what I expected the phone to work like from day 1.

:D

20. tatonka_Hero

is there a way to put the same menu bar on that Fresh1.1 has? I don't know what it is, but I really like that.

Guess it's something I'll have to mess around with :)

21. Aldo Junior Ao2

22. Aldo Junior Ao2

That's exactly what i mean like going to album or wherever you feel like a smoother transition. I like Modaco myself and the kitchen.

23. tatonka_Hero

24. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I just flashed it, I'll weigh in after I use it a bit. I'm considering wiping and reflashing to see if that makes it speedier...so far it's not much different then Fresh.

25. Aldo Junior Ao2