MoDaCo 3.1 questions

Last Updated:

1. james

james Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, just wanted to ask a few questions about installing MoDaCo 3.1 on my Hero.

1. Is it a lot quicker?
    2. Is it stable?
    3. I understand that after I root my phone I have to do a nandroid backup. Is there something I have to install for this or is it an option in the recovery mode by default on android?
    4. After installing a custom ROM, would restoring the nandroid backup put my Hero back exactly how it is now?
    5. Currently I'm running 2.73.405.5. When installing MoDaCo 3.1 is it correct that I don't have to wipe my phone? All my apps and settings and stuff will be the same? What data is lost?
    6. On the post about installing the ROM on the MoDaCo forums it says you should update the radio? What exactly does this do and is it necessary? Does it improve reception or something?

I think that's all for now :p
    If anyone who's running MoDaCo 3.1 on their Hero could answer these questions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Yes

Yes

It's an option in the custom recovery image that you replace the stock recovery menu with.

Yes, apart from the recovery image. The backed-up original would have to be replaced manually.

Correct. If you don't wipe no data will be lost.

It can do, depending on whether you have poor reception (wi-fi or mobile) to begin with. I personally haven't bothered as the radio ROM I currently use is rock-solid - why fix something that isn't broken?

3. james

Cheers for the reply.

I probably won't change the radio then as mine is fine. Just a couple of other things. Would it keep all of my contacts? And does it matter how much space is available on my phone before I install?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If the contacts are google or sim contacts they'll be fine. If they're phone contacts you'll need to back them up.

And no, it doesnt matter how much memory you have; you're just replacing what's already there.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You'll need around 250MB free on your SD card for the recovery.img and Nandroid backups that are recommended, that's all. As Xtiro correctly said the free internal memory is irrelevant.

6. james

Awesome cheers guys. Installed it without any problems, and it's great :D

Thanks again :)