Modem help pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. StillHacking

StillHacking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So the DX and I are getting acquainted just fine but I can not get it to function as a standard dial up modem. I have all drivers installed and my trial of PDANET working perfectly. The problem is I need it to dial into another pc using PCanywhere. This is the service Processor on a Hitachi san. My old LG Voyager worked just fine for this on the same PC. The modem shows up as pdanet and I can select that in pcanywhere but it says dialing but never connects. I'll keep trying but I'm almost out of options. Any search I do assumes I'm after broadband for internet connection. Please enlighten me.

SH

Advertisement
  2. llamakc

llamakc Well-Known Member

Were you also using the trial version of PDANet on the Voyager?

3. StillHacking

StillHacking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, no pdanet required. The PC simply should see the phone DX or LG as an external modem. I'm still fighting this.

SH

4. Telstar_2112

Telstar_2112 Well-Known Member

Sorry I do not have an answer for you but was wondering if you ever figured this out as I need to do the same thing. I need to dial into another computer using my laptop and the droid as I do not have a phone line. The other computer is on a phone line but has no internet capability.