moderator/phone guide elections!

Last Updated:

1. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator This Topic's Starter

Several forums I used to freqeunt had mod elections.... how it would work is every quarter those who wanted to be one, needed to say so. Then there are several voting threads yada yada. Phone guide, though, would require the person in question to have working knowledge of phones, of course.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

More with closer knit forums I'd think. Probably not the best idea here..

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

I'll just be blunt. It's not going to happen. We get hundreds of pm's from people wanting to be mods. We are very selective with who we make mods and leaving it up to a vote is definitely not a good idea.

4. IOWA

I'm pretty sure you do lol.

So, what are the 'criteria' for becoming a mod, and if people met these criteria, do you think it could work?

5. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Yeah not gunna happen. We use the Guides - typically - as a stepping stone screening process, though. The main goal when hiring them is to find people to organize. Move, stick/unstick, etc - and not find experts on certain devices - though sometimes that's what we end up with, and are okay with that too.

Anywhere from 50-75% of the guides get pruned out over time. Helps us figure out who's in it for the long haul, who's good at what they do, and who aren't in it just for the title.

There are one or two guides who will probably take the next couple openings we have for mods.

6. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Pretty much anyone that asks to be a mod...shouldn't be. lol, I've run forums before and that's how it goes. Power hungry people definitely aren't the ones to give any kind of power to.

7. IOWA

Well the mods should know I spend more than enough time reporting spam lol. I bet they get at least 10 reports a day from me. I dunno was just a thought I suppose. I was going with the whole for the user by the user sentiment.