• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modern Warfare 3?

i think they done it to cut out camping. But they cut out too much because it effects people that want to snipe.
Kids hate camping/sniping. They have zero patience. When I went to Gamestop to pick it up, there were parents buying the game for kids that could barely clear my knee level. Parents these days.

When I play Sniper Ghost Warrior online, it is always adults on the mics.

Upvote 0
Kids hate camping/sniping. They have zero patience. When went to Gamestop to pick it up, there were parents buying the game for kids that could barely clear my knee level. Parents these days.

When I play Sniper Ghost Warrior online, it is always adults on the mics.

Parents like that should be slapped to realize their own stupidity.

Upvote 0
As TJ said, the guns actually feel different now. SMGs outclass in short range as they should and suck at distance. No more UMP45 MW2 one stop shop.

As someone else said the game heavily favors people that suck at shooters. They have to. CoD has the mass public, and the mass public sucks at games. Look at Gears, BF3, or Halo...all games that skill plays a huge factor in. All the mass public said about that is, "it takes too long to kill people", "the helicopter is too hard to fly", blah blah blah. It was all complaints about how the game was too hard. If you step into any of those games with a full team versus randoms, you will not lose. In CoD (any CoD aside from 4) one person can beat an entire team because of so much nonsense. It's heavily catered towards casual players.

And +1 for stupid parents. My parents never bought my a game after I hit middle school, and if I even dared to ask them to take me to a midnight release they would've thrown my XBox in the garbage.

Upvote 0
I just installed this and sadly its being outshone by BF3 and more importantly Skyrim. The gameplay felt fine ...it was unmistakably Call of Duty . But gaaaad damn I couldnt help notice the graphics have not aged well at all. Textures are damn right ugly low res slabs or polygon badness. So much so I have to go back to BF3 to smother myself in hi res goodness once more. In BF3 you can walk up to signs in the street and read them if you wanted to , in CoDMW3 the signs may as well pizzas someone threw against the wall. A mess of pixel pepparoni.

Activision won't get away with this next year. Im sure there aware of that though.

Upvote 0
To spark even more hatred towards this game, Activision has several MW2/CoD4 maps locked on the disc for future DLCs to be unlocked.

While I still find CoD fun...it really is frustrating that Activision is so money hungry they couldn't even make some slight towards improving the game instead of slight balance tweaks. Instead they're too busy recycling maps for $15 map packs...as usual.

Upvote 0
here's my take on BF3 vs MW3. Battlefield3 is a great game. Better than the COD series. Much more tactical and team-oriented.

...BUT...

Its limited to a 4 player squad. If you want more than 4 players (lets say 6 for arguments sake), the additional 2 players need to attempt to join the game on their own and hope they get thrown on the same team. If they aren't on the same team, it could take them more than 2 games to finally switch teams (which can take an hour or more, depending on how busy the games are). I find that "rubberband" effect (due to lag?) much more frequently than in MW3 (walking straight then get appear 10 feet back or in another building suddenly). Not being able to leave the game at the end is annoying. I need to wait for the new game to load and then back out. I can see why DICE wanted to do that but I really dont like it.

*my real complaint is my first point above. I often play with 6 people and its a real pain in the ass and then it can take me a while to switch teams because I get split up from my own squad quite frequently. Really aggravating. For this reason, I play MW3 now. I'll switch back to BF3 from time to time but MW3 is going to get most of my attention.

I do agree that MW3 is not an improvement in the series. I can list a bunch of annoying things about MW3 but in the end, i still enjoy playing it. I really do think that Treyarch is MUCH better at making COD games than Infinity Ward.

Just my .02

Upvote 0
I really do think that Treyarch is MUCH better at making COD games than Infinity Ward.

Just my .02

I think everyone wondered what kind of game MW3 would be where the developers were mostly fresh blood. What we got was rehashed code the original IW team coded for MW2. Obviously Actiblizz knew they were running low on time. Easier to repackage old software than write a new engine that may not feel like the same game at the end. You may enjoy it but you cannot be seriously happy with how lazy it really is.

Treyarch? seriously? Blackcraps was the buggiest piece of crap game this side of the bubonic plague. World at war was mediocre city only saved by the Zombie mode.
COD4 was at the time an amazing experience. Bad Company 2 is still a better experience than MW3. In fact , a new counter strike is out soon , lets see how multiplayer shooters should be.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Modern Warfare 3 shifts fewer copies than Black Ops | PC Gamer

Modern Warfare 3 dev attempts to boost Metacritic score via Twitter | PC Gamer

Upvote 0
I think everyone wondered what kind of game MW3 would be where the developers were mostly fresh blood. What we got was rehashed code the original IW team coded for MW2. Obviously Actiblizz knew they were running low on time. Easier to repackage old software than write a new engine that may not feel like the same game at the end. You may enjoy it but you cannot be seriously happy with how lazy it really is.

Treyarch? seriously? Blackcraps was the buggiest piece of crap game this side of the bubonic plague. World at war was mediocre city only saved by the Zombie mode.
COD4 was at the time an amazing experience. Bad Company 2 is still a better experience than MW3. In fact , a new counter strike is out soon , lets see how multiplayer shooters should be.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

i respect your opinion but I see it slightly different. COD4 was good at the time but IMO WaW was slightly better. I liked the change of scenery and the different weapons. BlackOps, to me, was the best of the whole series. Hands down.

MW2 was complete crap and there's no way around saying that.

Upvote 0
MY take... MW was fun. W@W was a blast! old guns, not much cheap stuff. MW2 was super fun with HUGE flaws that ruined it (1 shot guns, tube/1 man army, spaz range, handguns were useless)...

MW3 is MW2.5 at best. they added more stuff to make the game easier. it's boring. you can get KILLstreak bonuses for doing objectives!! EASYYY. hardline - u get a "kill" for an actual assist. EASYYY. sniper rifles are 1 shot (i havent had a hit marker yet) EASYYY. there's no "kick" to guns, and if there is, there is a way to eliminate it (kick) EASYYY. i could go on and on and on, and on! graphics are typical. great, but we saw the same in MW2. look up and admire the flat sky. you can't jump on or over squat! you have a camper hiding behind a barrel or box and you fire a rocket or grenade and said box and it's a fricking shield! cool. i'm finished with "IW" games. hell even treyarch had sound figured out in terms of chat. that robot sounding shit SHOULD have been figured out.

i agree about the party/squad thing. SUCH a pain in the arse!!!!!! i get the idea but still. the battlefield guys do seem to listen to the community. they are supposedly patching some things. tactical light is 1 of the things i have read they are wanting to fix.

i'm just more happy playing battlefield! LEARNING to fly a jet is a pain, but FUN at the same time. hard, yes, but in the end WILL be rewarding! aiming crosshairs when you're flying an AC-130 is boring to me.

both games are good, BF is just for me

Upvote 0

A new CS should most definitely set the bar for FPS going forward.

Upvote 0
The problem with the new CS is it's going to be cross platform. All the casual gamers that play on console will try to play, and absolutely get annihilated by PC gamers with a mouse and keyboard. On top of CS having recoil, only gun kills, and taking skill...I can see the mass public absolutely hating CS. CS thrived in a PC environment, which tends to be more hardcore gamers. With most casual gamers sticking to consoles, I can see tons of complaints coming from it. Shoot, people already cry about CoD being too hard...there's no way they'll remotely like CS if difficulty is their main concern.

The one feature I really do enjoy is being allowed to hear the person who you killed talk on the mic for a second after you kill them. It allows you to hear their rage and screams, which is absolutely hilarious.

Upvote 0
That's why you play on punkbuster/VAC-enabled servers only. Not for nothing, but it's just as easy to cheat on console as well - just less common.

i have an XBOX. get caught cheating and you're banned and console is offline. i can cheat all i want offline, but what's the fun in that. the files that need to be pulled are easier to get for PC games. trust me, i've done both (deep breath to puff up chest! ;) )... punkbuster is novel, but give it time. the damn cheaters always find a way. the PS3 is the easiest thing i can swap and encrypt to my liking!!! even after their huge ordeal!!!!

Upvote 0
i have an XBOX. get caught cheating and you're banned and console is offline. i can cheat all i want offline, but what's the fun in that. the files that need to be pulled are easier to get for PC games. trust me, i've done both (deep breath to puff up chest! ;) )... punkbuster is novel, but give it time. the damn cheaters always find a way. the PS3 is the easiest thing i can swap and encrypt to my liking!!! even after their huge ordeal!!!!

Keyword there is get caught. You don't see much of that happening these days besides when M$ went on the ban hammer spree a few years back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones