• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modern Warfare 3?

the spawning definitely needs to be fixed. I think thats the standard for ANY call of duty game. their spawning system sucks in ALL the releases.

that and you seem to have a Predator Missile magnet stuck on you somewhere.
I forget the name of the perk (I think in #2) but you're invisible to predator's and all that jazz. Works great for me. I dont remember the last time I was killed by one.

speaking of maps.....i really need some "nuke town or shooting range" style maps please.
please, god, no!! I HATE nuketown. I always back out of every lobby that votes for nuketown. Then they started with the stupid nuketown 24-7...eff that.
I'm okay with shooting range though, which is similar (IMO) to dome.

Upvote 0
the spawning definitely needs to be fixed. I think thats the standard for ANY call of duty game. their spawning system sucks in ALL the releases.

I forget the name of the perk (I think in #2) but you're invisible to predator's and all that jazz. Works great for me. I dont remember the last time I was killed by one.

assassin pro

Upvote 0
^ my take is, after they make 1 BILLION dollars off us suckers, we should expect new amazing stuff. dedicated servers and cheaper map packs or something. guess what, NO! we have to shell out another $50 for this elite garbage... servers are still peer based so when you smoke the clown who is host, game usually ends when he rage quits. sound still sounds like trash. guns and voice chat. 2 new game modes.. cool. YOU MADE A BILLION DOLLARS OFF OF US. hire a bunch of nerds and innovate. i know they're rushed having a short amount of time seeing as though they come out so soon, but look at Treyarch, W@W and CrapOps are worlds apart, and they succeeded! IW/Sledgehammer did NOT!

oh well

Upvote 0
It's not even IW. Their whole core team left, probably due to Activision's greed. So Sledgehammer just came in and re-released the same code from MW2. That's just playing Devil's Advocate.

From a business standpoint, why not? It's just like Apple. Re-releasing the same product with slight tweaks every time and the mass public gobbles it up every time, despite people knowing they're getting a re-hashed product. (I'm pissed too as a consumer, but from a business perspective I understand what they're doing)

I have found I've hit the wall with this CoD, as every other one. I find myself rarely playing alone, the only time I play is with friends. It's more their company I enjoy and it could be any game probably and I'd have fun. It's just CoD seems the game of choice for most of them.

Upvote 0
Played with some friends last night. Won 24 straight, lost on our 25th by one kill (of course on that shit map Fallen).

Most games we played we destroyed for the first few minutes, then the other team realized they suck and resorted to camping and just made the rest of the game tedius.

The map Fallen is the worst map/level in any video game, ever. Every match 100% guaranteed, one team turtles into the one center building that overlooks 75% of the map. Flashbangs and riot shields were put into the game to counter camping, but nope there's so many walls and places to hide behind in that stupid room once you get two people in there it's so easy to completely lock down. There's so many walls/corners it's impossible to break into with flashes or a riot shield without getting killed.

/rant

Upvote 0
It's a lot like Modern Warefare 2 and has a similar feel but they did fix that crazy noobtoobing extravaganza that used to happen so I give them credit for that at least. I also have to agree that the guns are boring.

Overall though, I'm sticking to Blackops just because I've wasted too much damn time trying to get decent at it. I'm not throwing that away just yet.

Upvote 0
It's a lot like Modern Warefare 2 and has a similar feel but they did fix that crazy noobtoobing extravaganza that used to happen so I give them credit for that at least. I also have to agree that the guns are boring.

Overall though, I'm sticking to Blackops just because I've wasted too much damn time trying to get decent at it. I'm not throwing that away just yet.

i've had nothing but problems with BlackOps over the last 3-4 months. Almost every game is laggy as hell (and no, its not my internet because MW3 is fine). Not sure what happened with that game but its definitely not the same.

I really wish MW3 incorporated the last stand kill that BO did. I really hate putting someone into last stand and then NOT getting the credit for the kill when someone else kills them. I did all the work to get them down and you get the kill? Not really fair, IMO.

Upvote 0
MW3 is shit! they tailor to the bad! dead mans hand? anybody use it yet? i was curious and didnt even realize what it did, so i avoided it. tried it and DAMN. DUMBEST DEATH STREAK EVER. it's bad enough that when you run into a man with last stand, that they get to keep their primary weapon, but instead a C4 with the blast radius of like 10 yards? come'on!

and the "famas" type 91 gun. 3 round burst of 50 damage bullets?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME. takes little skill to get kill with this gun. its a 1 shot weapon. more deadly than freaking shotguns at close range. NERF it already.

i reached my usual lvl 80 and stopped, so i'm done. can't wait until i get my battlefield back tomorrow!!

Upvote 0
Apparently there's "lag compensation" in this game. For people with crappy connections, they can take more bullets before they die and do more damage and kill quicker. Since this Activision is too cheap to put in dedicated servers and this game relies heavily on a good connection, they thought this would be a good idea.

Welfare: video game edition.

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
Apparently there's "lag compensation" in this game. For people with crappy connections, they can take more bullets before they die and do more damage and kill quicker. Since this Activision is too cheap to put in dedicated servers and this game relies heavily on a good connection, they thought this would be a good idea.

Welfare: video game edition.
Source? That would explain quite a bit of my frustrations lol

Upvote 0
Twitter

Is the Tweet acknowledging the existence and the problem with it.

MW3 Commentary: Lag Compensation - YouTube

Is one of several videos "theorizing/rumor" type complaining/verifying it. There's tons of threads complaining about it for and against it. I couldn't really find a hard source other than that tweet from Bowling acknowledging it.

Looking into it more it seems the compensation is more of the "guy turns a corner and instantly kills you immediately after you barely see him" type of deal, because on their compensated end they've seen you for about a second.

Reactions: Member138406
Upvote 0
yup, the lag compensation sucks serious balls. I've only had an ability to loosely try and corroborate it, but allow me to explain.

Lag Compensation works by basically slowing connections to that of the slowest player, so it adds a delay between you 'requesting' and action and the action happening.

I have a connection that averages at 37Mbps down and 6MBps up with 15ms ping, so in theory, should be phenominal. Regularly I would be in 1v1 battles where I have the drop on the person, but even though I am emptying entire clips into them, they still manage to some how kill me, as if I am suffering from terrible lag.

The fix? Simples. whenever I'm playing MW3, ensure that my PC is on, streaming spotify, downloading from my seedbox and with a web browser open. The result? No more bullshit false lag. My bullets kill, I survive. =/= rage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones