• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modified access control

francoisch

Lurker
May 11, 2012
hello

I sometimes login to an access controled Web site with my Android Samsung tablet.

At first access, I was asked fo the id and pwd, which I keyed in; since then, I regularly accessed without being asked for that data.

Recently the pwd got changed; since my tablet remembers the old pwd, every access fails.

How can I change this password?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Francois

The details will depend on what browser you are using, but there should be something in the settings for remembering passwords. If you set that to Off it should prompt you, and of course if you clear saved passwords it will have to prompt you next time.

Some browsers may let you remove individual passwords, but the stock browser on my phone does not.

Upvote 0
hello

I opened up Dolphin, went into the Advanced settings, into Privacy and security and cleared up the Remember password box.

When opening Dolphin afterwards against that Web site with the modified access, I still am not asked to key in the new password.

I switched off and on my tablet for no change.

I am still stuck with this nasty problem; thank you in advance for your help.

Francois

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones