Modified Flash for Hulu on Droid X?

Last Updated:

1. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

[Fix] Hulu working + Flash.apk November 13 - xda-developers

Has anyone tried this? I tried on my DX running Fission 2.1, but it told me I need a newer version of Flash even though it's meant to be the latest one. It seems like people with other devices were having the same problem. Anyone know if we can get something like this for the DX?

Edit: Used the method posted by sund0wn posted below and worked great. The full version of Hulu.com at 360p plays quite smoothly on the Droid X on both the stock browser and Dolphin HD.

The following is the info posted by travisn000 over at http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-how-tos/5471-hulu-works.html.

Advertisement
  2. swazedahustla

swazedahustla Well-Known Member

Works perfectly on my evo.
  3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

eulerphi8 and antnyh like this.
  4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

It works for me, thank you.
  5. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Heck yeah!!! Been waiting to see something like this since I got my phone!! Works great on mine. A little tricky to figure out the whole "Desktop" settings change, but after that, smooth as butta. Thanks!!!
  6. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

7. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest version from the market. Then simply replace the .so file like the link says.
  8. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

works great on fission 2.1
  9. gtixpress

gtixpress Active Member

Didn't work for me.
  10. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

nor me

Spend an hour and a half on it. Got the permissions right and everything. No go. Meh.
  11. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

I am running Fission 2.1 too. When people say it doesn't work, does Flash not work on sites like youtube.com or just hulu.com?
  12. draconius

draconius Well-Known Member

Don't think it is xscope friendly...
  13. iresq

iresq Active Member

Can't wait to try it but xda is taking forever to approve my membership so I can't get the zip file.
  14. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

The post by sundown doesn't require a XDA membership.
  15. 805waves

805waves New Member

Done everything stated. . . Launch a hulu clip in dolphin browser, ad plays through, then stays suspended not even going to the first frame of the clip. All video buttons are visible when viewing (play, volume, popout, etc,,,). Doesn't seem to buffer. Any solutions?
  16. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

I am using the X's default browser. Note, that you have to perform the about:debug each time you launch. You don't have to reselect the UAS "Desktop" option, but you do have to type in about:debug. It won't really look like it did anything. After that simply go to hulu and enjoy.
  17. rbowen9895

rbowen9895 New Member

Worked like a champ !!! Thanks....
  18. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

hulu videos run really choppy for me even on wifi. anyone else?
  19. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Sweet I have this working on my phone!! It would not at first using the default browser. I had to go back in when I was done and reset the browser to desktop (about:bebug) and now it is working. It would not at first and I tried a reboot and everything, but redoing the desktop setting made it working. I am watching hulu streams on dishonline now, which I could not before and it is feeding great over 3G at work.
  20. dotpage

dotpage Member

about:debug then "GO" or the arrow does not take me anywhere, it just sits in the same page, using Fission 2.1/DX
  21. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

@dotpage If you read my post above #16 it explains that about:debug doesn't do anything once you hit go. It worked though. Just go into settings after you do that and scroll all the way to the bottom and pick UAString. When that opens simply pick "Desktop." Congrats you are now ready to watch Hulu!!
  22. dotpage

dotpage Member

gotcha, one more problem, I have no /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/ so should I create? I am using Astro to browse the filesystem
  23. dotpage

dotpage Member

connected the phone to a windows machine installed Droid Explorer and still can't see that folder... Am I being dumb and missing something? Also could not create the folder inside the Data one using DE..
  24. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I use Root Explorer. Don't know if you can see that file path via Astro. Anyone one with Astro get it to work??
  25. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I used Dolphin Browser HD, cleared data from flash player, applied fix, you have to overwrite the existing file, make sure your permissions are done right.. It worked great for me.. Sweet!! I just wonder for how long.