Modify Car Dock to fit Verizon Cases - Easy WayAccessories

Last Updated:

1. bttrym8

bttrym8 Member This Topic's Starter

First off, thanks to kramerica for letting me know it was safe to do this.

Plenty of other people have complained about this same problem and commented on the "Mysterious Case" that is supposed to fit into the dock. I got tired of taking my case off every time i put my phone into the Motorola Car dock.

Well i like my case, so i changed my dock. The dock still works perfectly, the phone sits all the way down, and it charges perfectly. Took all of 15 minutes (with 5 minutes of searching for my Dremel). Relatively simple, and doesn't diminish the look of your dock at all as the phone covers it up.

EDIT:

How to:

1) Take out the insert for using the dock without a case.
    2) I personally used my dremel with the sanding tip to take off the big nub in the first pic
    3) Slightly edge the front right part out. I used the dremel with a small tip cutting edge that is used for engraving
    4) Keep grinding it out/testing until you get a snug fit that allows it to charge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just be a little more careful with the dremel and don't knick the front like i did :mad:

It looks a lot worse in the picture than it does in my truck though

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    dwasman likes this.
  2. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Great pictures, but you might want to give a bit more in-depth "How To" as to what you did. All I see is a slight dremel...

3. bttrym8

Btw, pics were taken with the DX camera.... Awesome...

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

yeah maybe someone should post some before pics of the same area so we know exactly what was done

5. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was thinking of doing something like this with my car mount. Now I know it works! :) Thanks!

6. bttrym8

Well i can't post up any before pics as i've already chopped away at mine. But if you have a dock then it should be easy to see the modifications that were made. Its basically just trimming it out until the phone slips in. Sorry i wasn't of more help, but i tried

7. avirnig

avirnig Member

what case do you have anyway?