• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

modify screen kelvin?

jessejlt

Jul 16, 2010
I am currently an iPhone 3G user and plan on making the AT&T Captivate my first Android-based phone. From all the reviews I've read and videos I've seen, it appears as though the Galaxy S (all carry variants) seem to have the same overly cool kelvin display (slightly too blue in the whites).

Do any of you know if it's possible to calibrate the kelvin on Android-based phones? Or perhaps if the Galaxy S has another way to calibrate the color / Kelvin of the display?

Thanks for the help!
-jesse

It's not just Samsung. Every TV manufaturer puts their panel in a torch mode so that it looks brighter than the one from the competitor sitting next to it. All of the "vivid" modes are characterized by high white color temperature and oversaturation. This is to push the consumer towards the TV that looks the most gaudy under the showroom floor lighting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones