modify screen kelvin?

Last Updated:

1. jessejlt

jessejlt Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently an iPhone 3G user and plan on making the AT&T Captivate my first Android-based phone. From all the reviews I've read and videos I've seen, it appears as though the Galaxy S (all carry variants) seem to have the same overly cool kelvin display (slightly too blue in the whites).

Do any of you know if it's possible to calibrate the kelvin on Android-based phones? Or perhaps if the Galaxy S has another way to calibrate the color / Kelvin of the display?

Thanks for the help!
    -jesse

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Don't quote me, but I could've SWORN I saw an app listed in the Market when I was on Appbrain last night. It was for color calibration but I'm not sure if it does exactly what you're looking for.

3. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Samsung displays (TVs and all) have been doing this quite frequently lately in an attempt to increase their apparent brightness. It's actually a mind trick because our eyes perceive cool white as being brighter than warm white even when there are actually no other differences.

4. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

It's not just Samsung. Every TV manufaturer puts their panel in a torch mode so that it looks brighter than the one from the competitor sitting next to it. All of the "vivid" modes are characterized by high white color temperature and oversaturation. This is to push the consumer towards the TV that looks the most gaudy under the showroom floor lighting.

5. jessejlt

jessejlt Member This Topic's Starter

So, is there a way to fix it?